Easy marshmallow coated cereal bars with a twist- made with dried blueberries and blueberry Cheerios for intense berry flavor.
Blueberry Cereal Bars
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for blueberry cereal bars, which I am posting as a part of Blueberry Week with other bloggers I know.
These are a variation of the classic rice krispie bars, with this version being made with blueberry Cheerios, blueberry jam and dried blueberries.
The Cheerios you can pick up at nearly any market. While dried blueberries abound, including the ones from Ocean Spray which are blueberry flavored, the ones I used I bought at Trader Joe’s and are the smaller dried blueberries.
The smaller berries are really quite flavorful and put a gourmet touch on these childhood favorites, making them a snack of choice for all ages.
Favorite Treats for Teens
Cereal bars are one of the things I wold usually make when my daughter had friends for a sleepover. The typical thing would be a couple of pizzas and several 2-liters of pop, along with a pan of cereal bars and a handful of movies (in case they stopped giggling long enough to actually watch).
They enjoyed it all but probably not more than I did- not wanting to put too much effort into it. Nothing wrong with taking it easy as a hostess-mom.
Welcome to Blueberry Week!
All week long I will be sharing blueberry recipes along with other blogger friends of mine. Enjoy!
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins by Cookaholic Wife
- Cornmeal Waffles with Blueberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blueberry Breakfast Banana Split by Our Good Life
Drinks & Appetizers
- Blueberry Brie Duck Flatbread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Thyme Smash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Blueberry Galettes by Cooking For My Soul
- Warmed Brie with Pickled Blueberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tortellini Pasta Salad with Corn and Blueberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Blueberries and Pinot Noir by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Fluff Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Cereal Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie by Savory Moments
You Might Also Like:
Nutella S’Mores Bars
Deep Dark Chocolate Brownies
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
Toffee Coffee Bars
Blueberry Cereal Bars
- 6 cups Blueberry Cheerios cereal
- 10 ounces fresh marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces dried wild blueberries
- In large saucepan melt butter and jam over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add blueberry Cheerios cereal and dried blueberries.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cool and cut into squares.
This is one super-blueberry recipe! Sounds dreamy!!!
Very creative adding blueberries to these cereal bars. They sound delicious.