Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is my first outing with the #FoodieExtravaganza bloggers group. Each month we will be posting recipes on a different food topic, this month being the time for peanut butter. Which was auspicious as a start because I already had these made and was going to post them this week anyway. The cravings for peanut butter must be going about.
I’d been hoping to get to this recipe earlier in the year in fact, but it kept getting pushed to the back burner, so to speak. I’m glad I got them done because they are pretty good. I used to make cereal bars quite often when Sarah was young, since she likes them. I was hoping to share some of these with her but we didn’t get a chance to meet up when these were made.
But they are certainly easy enough to make again, should the occasion arise. Kids always like these and they make a great dessert for brown bag lunches.
My sprinkles are very autumn oriented, but obviously, you can change those up with different kinds. Away from holidays I’d probably just use the chocolate jimmies.
Don’t forget to check out the other recipes below, and by the way- Happy November! My goodness it is unseasonably warm. But that’s alright. No one I know is in a big hurry to shovel snow or stare down wintry skies. I really don’t mind snow. It’s the short days and gray skies I could do without. How about you?
Until next time- ~Sue
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted dry peanuts
- 2 tablespoons decorative sprinkles (jimmies)
- Butter a rectangular 13x9x2-inch silicone baking pan and set aside.
- Melt marshmallows and butter in a nonstick Dutch oven over low heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth, then remove from heat, add rice cereal and peanuts, stirring to coat.
- Working quickly, press mixture into buttered pan and press lightly with buttered hands or wax paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies and press those down.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly food fest, where a group of bloggers all create and share a recipe around one of the monthly food ‘holidays’ as detailed in The Nibble. This month Sneha from Snehas Recipe is hosting, Peanut Butter is our theme. Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE. Check out these great Peanut Butter submissions!
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups from Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Cold Noodles with Asian Peanut Sauce from Hardly a Goddess
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars from Palatable Pastime
- Peanut Butter Bars with Oatmeal and Chocolate Chips from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peanut Butter Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Sneha’s Recipe
- West African Peanut Soup from Caroline’s Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bread from Making Miracles
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like: