Buttermilk blueberry buckwheat pancakes use buckwheat flour for old-fashioned wholesome goodness with all the flavor of buttermilk and blueberries you love.
Buttermilk Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for buttermilk blueberry buckwheat pancakes, which I am posting as a part of Blueberry Week with other bloggers I know.
Blueberries are at the top of their season right now especially coming out of Michigan. All my favorite markets are promoting them, so I am sure you all have your markets tempting you as well. And that means when you buy you need to be armed both with a good appetite and a fistful of fantastic recipes to use them in.
Besides yummy blueberries, these also have the buttermilk for a little tang as well as a boost in leavening, as acidic liquids will do in pancake batter. Plus the buckwheat which is very wholesome and healthy, and while being old-fashioned, has never gone out of style. It’s been a favorite of mine since time began, but as a kid, I loved all things pancake, and wanted every different kind under the stars.
I hope this is a favorite for your children and grandchildren as well as your own inner child!
Welcome to Blueberry Week!
All week long I will be sharing blueberry recipes along with other blogger friends of mine. Enjoy!
- Blueberry Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Buttermilk Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins by Sweet Beginnings
Drinks and Appetizers
- Blueberry Basil Bourbon Smash by Cookaholic Wife
- Blueberry Bubble Tea by Our Good Life
- Blueberry Lemon Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Blueberry Syrup with (Optional) Bourbon by Food Above Gold
- Roasted Blueberry French Toast Crostini by Daily Dish Recipes
Sauces and Spreads
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Saucy Honey & Balsamic Blueberry Jam by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Blueberry Curd by Caroline’s Cooking
- Blueberry Bison Chili by Savory Moments
- Blueberry Romaine Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Curry Burgers with Blueberry Chutney and Coconut-Lime Slaw by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- 5-Minute Blueberry Cheesecake Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Cardamom Crisp by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cooking For My Soul
- Blueberry Cobbler by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Bars by The Beard and The Baker
- Blueberry, Peach & Brie Slab Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Blueberry Orange Layer Cake by The Baking Fairy
You Might Also Like:
Buttermilk Buckwheat Blueberry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Stir together the buckwheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Separately,lightly beat the eggs and stir in the buttermilk; add to dry mix and stir gently just to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat griddle over moderate heat and lightly oil.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto griddle and cook until edges dry and bubbles form, then flip and briefly cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.