Healthy breakfast pancakes made with whole grain oat flour and rolled oats and honey.
Honey Oatmeal Pancakes
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day with Improv Cooking Challenge (our monthly event) is all about oatmeal and honey. For my recipe, I made honey oatmeal pancakes, along with an easy three ingredients recipe for homemade blueberry pancake syrup that can be made in under two minutes (the recipe is linked below).
I think this offers a great start to your busy day!
Great for Making Ahead
It is just two of us here now, so I had more than I needed for breakfast! But the great thing is that if you wrap the pancakes in wax paper to keep them from sticking together from moisture, you can refrigerate or freeze for later and easily microwave to warm them up.
I’ll do this kind of thing often because as much as I love to cook, I really don’t like cooking before I have had my coffee and usually am hungry right away, so I like breakfast in a hurry. I imagine those of you with kids to get off to school are in a hurry too! I know I was when my daughter was young. She would have liked these pancakes too.
I used to make a more involved version of blueberry syrup, but you know what? Why?
When you see the recipe for that one, I doubt you will make it any other way after that. The flavor is fabulous and who can argue with three ingredients and two minutes? (It actually take 1.5 minutes….)
Breakfast should be easy. Because we really don’t need any more problems at the start of our day than we have to. Once off to a running start, things just seem to go more smoothly all day long!
Be sure to check out the other recipes below. I see Cindy has a recipe for pancakes up too, so you will be stoked for flapjacks today. And that’s a good thing!
1 Ingredient + 1 Ingredient= Endless Possibilities
Oatmeal & Honey Recipes:
- Anzac Biscuits by Pandemonium Noshery
- Apple & Honey Overnight Oats by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Crisp Baked Oatmeal by Simply Inspired Meals
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Honey Oatmeal Bread by Cookaholic Wife
- Honey Oatmeal Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- Honey Oat Pan Rolls by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Honey Oat Smoothie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Oats & Honey Porridge by Sneha’s Recipe
- Oil Free & Egg-Less Granola by Cook with Renu
- Peanut Butter & Honey Oatmeal Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Sugarfree Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by Sizzling Tastebuds
Honey Oatmeal Pancakes
Yield: About ten pancakes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole grain oat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Stir together ingredients just to combine into a batter but do not overmix.
- Heat griddle and oil lightly.
- Griddle pancakes with 1/4 cup batter for a few minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles form and golden underneath.
- Serve with warm blueberry pancake syrup (click for recipe)
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com