By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This month for the #BreadBakers blogging group, we are each posting a favorite pancake recipe from around the world.
I chose to make Swedish Pancakes with a flavorful fresh strawberry butter which can also be made with lingonberry preserves, depending on what you are in the mood for.
I have a video to help you in making these as the process is about the same for the Swedish pancakes as they are for crepes.
8-10 pancakes | 3-4 servings
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons strawberry jam or lingonberry preserves
- Powdered sugar, sifted (amount to taste)
- Stir together butter with jam until fairly well mixed, then refrigerate.
- Place the milk and eggs in a blender and pulse to combine.
- Add flour and salt a little at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- Add the cooled melted butter through the chute in a thin stream with blender running.
- Heat a 6-inch nonstick skillet with one teaspoon butter.
- Add 1/4 cup pancake batter and swirl pan.
- Cook for several minutes on low heat, until you can run a butter knife beneath the pancake, find it lightly golden.
- Flip the pancake with the knife, cook a few seconds more on the other side, then turn out onto a plate.
- When cooled, store pancakes between pieces of waxed paper until needed.
- Serve pancakes warm and folded, with a scoop of berry butter and powdered sugar to taste.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Pancakes Around the World
Hosted by Mayuri of Mayuri’s Jikoni
Check out the Pancakes from different parts of the world that our fellow Bread Bakers have baked this month:
- Alagar Kovil Dosai from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Blueberry Dutch Baby from Hostess At Heart
- Brown Rice Dosa (Indian Savory Crepes) from Spiceroots
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Corn Pancakes from Kids and Chic
- Crepes from A Baker’s House
- Dutch Baby from Herbivore Cucina
- Galettes de Sarrasin from The Bread She Bakes
- Greek Tiganites from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Hotteok (Korean Pancakes) from Cook’s Hideout
- Hotteok (Korean Stuffed Pancakes) from Passion Kneaded
- Kabalagala (Ugandan Pancakes) from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Keralan Yeast Appam from Food Lust People Love
- Malpua (Sweet Indian Crepes) from SimplyVeggies
- Oven Baked Tropical Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pannukkau (Finish Pancakes) from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Potato Latkes (Jewish Pancakes) from Sneha’s Recipes
- Savory Finnish Baked Pancakes(Pannukakku) with Smoked Salmon from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Srilankan Hoppers from I camp in my Kitchen
- Strawberry Nutella Crepes from Spill the Spices
- Swedish Pancakes from Palatable Pastime
- Wholegrain Yeast Pancakes from Ambrosia