Strawberry cream ice box cake is a dessert consisting of whipped cream, vanilla cookies and fresh berries, assembled like a lasagna or tiramisu.
Strawberry Cream Ice Box Cake
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Welcome back to summer desserts week! I am posting all week long a collection of sweets suitable for the season. In case you may have missed them, so far for Summer Dessert Week I have also posted:
Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies
No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream
Indian Rice Pudding (Kheer)
Lemon Meringue Pie
White Tea Peach Panna Cotta
We have a great giveaway (which you can enter below) as well as tons of other recipes to look at from allied bloggers.
Special thanks to Dixie Crystals Sugar for providing the sweeteners used in this recipe!
Dixie Crystals product used: Powdered Confectioners Sugar
Follow Dixie Crystals on Social Media!
- Website: http://www.dixiecrystals.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/DixieCrystalsSugar/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/DixieCrystals @DixieCrystals
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/dixiecrystals/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/dixie_crystals @Dixie_Crystals
You Might Also Like:
Xangos (Mexican Cheesecake Chimichangas)
Peanut Butter Wingdings
Nutella S’Mores Bars
Reese’s Cup Truffles
Strawberry Cream Ice Box Cake
- 17 ounces mini Nilla Wafer cookies 1-1/2 boxes
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 (3.4 ounces each) boxes Vanilla instant pudding
- 20 fluid ounces cold milk
- 16 ounces cool whip topping or whipped cream
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries
- Dixie Crystals sifted confectioners sugar amount to taste
- Blend cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix, and stir to combine.
- Fold in 12 ounces of cool whip.
- Spread the other 4 ounces of cool whip on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan or lasagna pan.
- Cover the bottom of the dish (on top of whipped cream) with a single layer of cookies.
- Top the cookies with one third of the pudding mixture.
- Top the pudding mixture with one pound of sliced strawberries.
- Repeat again with a layer of cookies, then another third of the pudding mixture, and another pound of sliced strawberries.
- Finish with the last third of the pudding mix, smoothing out the top.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight to set.
- Before serving, top the ice box cake with the last pound of strawberries, these cut in half.
- Dust with powdered sugar as desired before slicing.
- Keep unused portions chilled and use within one day.
Summer Dessert Week
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- No Churn Mango Ice Cream from Daily Dish Recipes
- Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Mudslide Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Cream Ice Box Cake from Palatable Pastime
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Rainbow Sherbet Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPEAS
No Bake Treats:
- Mermaid Cheesecake Marshmallow Dip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Creamsicle No Bake Cheesecake from Jen Around the World
- Orange Creamsicle Crunch Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Buckle from Pastry Chef Online
- Mermaid Cheesecake from 4 Sons R Us
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Black Forest Cheesecake from Sweet Beginnings
- Blackberry Cobbler from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Triple Berry Biscuit Trifle with Honey Whipped Cream from Nik Snacks
- Turtle Trifle from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Summer Berry Trifle from Nancie’s Table
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
This looks lovely and lemony bright for a hot July afternoon treat! Love the strawberry shortcake/tiramisu comparison.