Delicate hints of white tea and ripe peaches flavor this panna cotta, a creamy Italian dessert made of gelatin and cream.
White Tea Peach Panna Cotta
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Welcome back to summer desserts week! I am posting all week long a collection of sweets suitable for the season. In case you may have missed them, so far for Summer Dessert Week I have also posted:
We have a great giveaway (which you can enter below) as well as tons of other recipes to look at from allied bloggers.
Special thanks to Adams Extracts and Dixie Crystals Sugar for providing the flavorings and sweeteners used in this recipe!
Adams product used: Vanilla Extract
- Website: http://www.adamsextract.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdamsExtractandSpice
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AdamsExtract @AdamsExtract
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/adams1888/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/adams1888 @Adams1888
Dixie Crystals product used: Granulated Sugar
You Might Also Like:
My recipe of the day is for white tea peach panna cotta.
Panna cotta is a type of Italian dessert made with gelatin and heavy cream. It is like a jello mold but believe me, the texture is not the same as jello.
The cream makes it dense and velvety smooth so it is almost like a cheesecake, albeit without the cheese. It is also similar to flan but without eggs.
It is very easy to put together and is delicious served with a few fresh peach slices and some whipped cream. After a few hours setting up in the fridge the same way jello does, it is ready to go. Just unmold it and serve on your dish.
White Tea Peach Panna Cotta
- 1 individual white tea bag
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Knox unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup Torani peach flavored syrup
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Adams vanilla extract
- Optional garnish: fresh sliced peaches and whipped cream
- Assemble four half cup ramekins.
- Bring water to a boil and steep tea bag for ten minutes; discard tea bag.
- In a small cup, sprinkle gelatin over the Torani syrup and let stand one minute.
- Add softened gelatin-syrup to tea and heat up (I used a microwave), stirring until the gelatin fully dissolves.
- Place the sugar and heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring just to the boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar fully; remove from heat.
- Stir in the gelatin-syrup-tea.
- Divide mixture among ramekins and refrigerate until set (4-6 hours or overnight).
- To serve, put ramekins into some shallow hot water coming up halfway for about three minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the panna cotta, then invert onto a serving plate (same method as for serving a jello mold).
- Serve with fresh sliced peaches and whipped cream if desired.
Summer Dessert Week
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Mermaid Pineapple Rum Dum from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.