Fully loaded potato salad with bacon, cheddar, sour cream, and chives is a perfect side for sandwiches and casual suppers.
Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for bacon cheddar potato salad, which I am sharing as a part of a group effort to celebrate Farmer’s Market week.
I’ve enjoyed a number of versions of this type of potato salad over the years, which is more like a loaded baked potato salad than anything, deliciously stuffed with bacon and cheddar and having the tang of sour cream in the dressing. So as you can tell, it differs a lot from the usual mustard potato salads or the more homestyle American potato salads.
As something that can be made with farm market produce, this is the time of year when lots of red potatoes show up at the market, reaching their peak in the early autumn.
Potatoes are one of my favorite market finds, from the opening day in Spring when I can find new potatoes that I adore roasted up in the oven. Later when the string beans and half runner beans come in, I like cooking those with quartered potatoes, along with the addition of some ham or salt pork for extra flavor.
Later as the potatoes get even bigger, I like to bake some up to go with steaks out on the grill. There is so much you can do with potatoes, both outdoors and inside, including the instant pot. It can have mashed for you in just minutes.
Farmer’s Market Week
All this week bloggers will be sharing favorite recipes using produce and other offerings from the farm market.
Take a peek at what we have for you today:
- Bacon and Cheddar Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Bacon and Eggplant Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Baked Stuffed Potatoes with Mushrooms & Onions by Intelligent Domestications
- Caprese Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese by Tip Garden
- Charred Endive Salad by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Garlic Green Beans by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Blistered Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Old Bay Corn Pie by Cookaholic Wife
- Peach Cobbler Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
You Might Also Like:
German Potato Salad
Mom’s Potato Salad
Potato-Mac Salad with Amish Boiled Dressing
Bacon and Potato Salad with Sweet Vidalia Dressing
American Potato Salad
Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad
- 3-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon dried snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes in salted water 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and cool.
- Combine cooked potatoes with remaining ingredients; chill before serving.
So many potato salads and so little time. LOL.
So, I’m just gonna say it…POTATO SALAD DOES NOT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!