Mom’s Potato Salad
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week for Sunday Supper we are having fun sharing some of our mom’s favorite recipes.
One of my mom’s favorite recipes was this version of potato salad, which is the only way I knew potato salad for many years, until I found my own place in the world of potato salads recipes. And over time I have made many different kinds, and enjoyed them as well. For it was this recipe that started it all and set me to become the potato salad lover I am.
It has always been well asked for at family barbecues and my dad has declared it the “Best Potato Salad in the World” (but dads say those kind of things). But in this case it may well be very true!
And even though I had not made this recipe in years, I have helped my mother make it so many times. And when I taste it, maybe it’s a funny thing to say but it “tastes like Mom.” I could imagine she was right there beside me, peeling potatoes and chopping veggies just like the old days. And I loved it so much I would eat it warm because I couldn’t wait, and she’d always scold me, telling me it needed time to chill.
Trust me, this tastes great warm or cold! And I hope you enjoy and have a great Mother’s Day week! Be sure to check out all the rest of the blogger’s recipes after the recipe printout and don’t forget to pin your favorites!
Mom's Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing (orange type)
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or scallions
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in mixing bowl and add French dressing while it is hot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and chill.
- Mom liked to garnish hers with extra sliced radishes as I did in the photo.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Mom’s Favorite Recipes
a Sunday Supper event
hosted by Christie Campbell of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Wendy Leep Hammond of Wholistic Woman
Starters (Appetizers, Beverages, Breakfast):
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Frozen Pina Colada by The Redhead Baker
- Goats Cheese Rolls with Honey and Thyme by Manu’s Menu
- Mom’s Banana Bread by Family Around the Table
- Mom’s Famous Poppy Seed Bread With A Citrus Glaze by And She Cooks
- Mom’s Wine Spritzer by Momma’s Meals
Salads, Side Dishes, and Sauces:
- Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus by Flavor Mosaic
- Mom’s Cucumbers in Vinegar by Simple And Savory
- Mom’s Homemade Perogies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut) by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Salad with Simple Vinaigrette by Cooking Chat
- Zippy Barbecue Sauce by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Fried Smelt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Granny Smith’s Meatloaf by Get the Good Stuff!
- Jean’s Best Vegetable Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon & Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mama’s Favorite Southern Fried Chicken by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Mom’s Lentil Toastadas by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Moussaka by My Life Cookbook
- Shirley’s Potato Soup by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Mom’s Sukiyaki: Japanese Beef and Vegetables Hot Pot by Asian In America
- Myra’s Super Supper by Tramplingrose
- Pizza Meatloaf by A Mind Full Mom
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Apple Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Crisp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Baklava by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Sugar Pudding by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Butter Balls by Feeding and More
- Carrot Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cheesecake by What Smells So Good?
- Crustless Pecan Pie Rice Pudding by Desserts Required
- Double Layer Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Chocolate Buttercream by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Classic Date Squares by She Loves Biscotti
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by What The Fork Food Blog
- Hungarian Crepes: Palacsinta by My Gourmet Connection
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze and Roasted Strawberries by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mom’s Apple Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Mom’s Famous White Icing by Monica’s Table
- Moms Mayonnaise Cake by My World Simplified
- Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rocky Road Brownie Sundae for Mom by The Weekend Gourmet
- Rose Shortbread Cookies by Baking Sense
- Sour Cream Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
You might also like: