Roasted Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is a recipe I first made back around 2005. In that version I used to just steam the cauliflower, but over the years, I tend to like roasting the cauliflower better, as it has deeper flavor and the cauliflower is less apt to become waterlogged when roasted than when it is steamed.
If you are doing a low carb diet, this recipe can be quite a welcome sight if you have been craving potatoes. But even if you are not dieting, and maybe just want to cut back on the heaviness and starchiness of certain foods, this salad delivers all of the flavor without the less than desirable stuff.
It is a huge favorite with my family.
Roasted Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 4 large hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Drizzle cauliflower with oil on a baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower at 400F for 30 minutes, then cool.
- Chop cauliflower into smaller pieces and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Chill before serving.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
You might also like: