Dr. Pepper Brisket (Instant Pot) cooks up tender in the electric pressure cooker in a barbecue sauce based on the popular soft drink.
Dr. Pepper Brisket (Instant Pot)
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Dr. Pepper Brisket (Instant Pot) is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Multicooker Monday. We share recipes that use various small appliances, including the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, and more.
I am sharing my recipe for the brisket with a cooking sauce that translates into a bbq sauce. After it cooks, you can chill that down overnight, lift out the fat, then reduce it.
It is probably better to chill up the brisket anyway, as it makes it easier to slice. So I always do this a day ahead so I can have bbq sandwiches for lunch or even a make-ahead dinner.
Brisket also freezes well if you want to serve the extras later on.
- Air Fryer Bread Manchurian from Sneha’s Recipe
- Chicken and Lentil Soup (Instant Pot) from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crockpot Corned Beef with Stout & Onion Gravy from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dr. Pepper Brisket (Instant Pot) from Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs from Making Miracles
- Instant Pot Vegan Bottle Gourd and Masoor Dhal Curry from Magical Ingredients
- Korean Sparerib Noodles (Instant Pot) from Food Lust People Love
- Slow Cooker Mahi Mahi Tacos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Yorkshire Pudding Wraps (Toaster Oven) from Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
Dr. Pepper Brisket
You Might Also Like:
Instant pot corned beef brisket with new potatoes and carrots is quickly and easily made in your electric pressure cooker.
Tender coca-cola brisket braised in the slow cooker or crock pot with tomato sauce.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket is delightfully tender slow-cooked beef with a cranberry barbecue sauce.
Instant Pot Spaghetti takes lean ground beef and some easy scratch ingredients to cook up a delicious pasta meal in minutes using your pressure cooker.
Thai green curry mussels in a spicy curry sauce are made easily in your instant pot or electric pressure cooker in a few short minutes.
Dr. Pepper Brisket
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- 3 pounds beef brisket
- salt and black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper soda (with sugar)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Slice onions and garlic and place in bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Season beef and sear in olive oil, then place on top of the onions.
- Whisk the sauce and pour over the beef.
- Close the Instant Pot and set for 75 minutes on manual.
- Open the steam valve and release the pressure before attempting to open the cooker.
- Remove beef; strain onion and garlic from the sauce and discard.
- Refrigerate beef overnight and slice thinly across the grain for best (and easiest) slicing results.
- Skim fat from pan sauce and reduce by half in a saucepan if you want to use it on the beef, refrigerating overnight and removing the fat that rises and solidifies at the top.
NotesFrom the kitchen of palatablepastime.comTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!