Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
#CranberryWeek has arrived! I have been looking forward to this. For the entire week I am teaming up with my fellow food blogging friends to bring you some of our favorite cranberry recipes, from appetizer to dessert and everything in between.
For today, I have my recipe for slow cooker cranberry brisket which I have made using a small brisket piece I got at the market. You can really use any size that fits into your slow cooker. The liquid will cook it in amounts up to 3-4 pounds of meat. And that is if you want adequate sauce.
I based this recipe on an old recipe for cranberry chicken which I first tried on Recipezaar years ago that used cranberry sauce, onion soup mix and French dressing. That was an interesting take, which reminded me of cranberry bbq- so I took the same idea and applied it here to the brisket.
The meat works out nicely piled on the plate or you could also put it on sandwich buns for a brisket sandwich. Great side dishes for this would be things like sweet potatoes or potatoes gratin and perhaps a kale salad or sauteed greens. Perhaps you can pair it with one of the recipes from other bloggers below! Don’t forget to scroll down and take a peek!
Tomorrow I have my recipe for Cranberry-Sage breakfast sausage set to post so be sure to stop by for that. Until next time-
Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket
- 1 small beef brisket section (1.5-2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 14 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce (or homemade equivalent)
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Season beef with salt and pepper; place in a slow cooker.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to a platter and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- While meat is resting, skim fat from pan sauce and place in a saucepan; cook over low heat until sauce reduces and thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Serve meat sliced with sauce.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Cranberry-Apple Sauce from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Cornbread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Maple Delicata Squash Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Palmiers from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread from Life Currents
- Cranberry Snack Cake from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Noreaster from Family Around The Table
- Pork Shashlyk and Tkemali from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Shallot Cranberry Chutney from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket from Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Endive with Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Upsidedown Cranberry Cake from Hostess At Heart
Check back each and every day for new Cranberry recipes!
You might also like: