Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This week for Sunday Supper I am joining some blogging friends bringing you favorite recipes for using up holiday remains.
The recipe I have chosen to make is turkey alfredo stuffed shells, using some roasted turkey which I pulsed in the food processor (it’s faster than mincing by hand). At first I thought I might like to do this sauce as a marinara on top covered with bechamel, but decided on alfredo with a hint of nutmeg because of the addition of the turkey gravy (which you probably have leftover too, and we can easily use some of that up here). And while normally I might make my own alfredo from scratch, in the spirit of leftovers, I used a jar of alfredo sauce which I had bought for my candy corn pizza (I wanted it to be jarred since that pizza could easily be put together by kids). As it turns out, I didn’t end up using that for the white part of my candy corn pizza, but there it sat. And since it was really leftover too I wanted to use it up and wouldn’t think of showing you something in my pics that wasn’t exactly what I made.
But anyway, I have used jarred sauces before plenty of times (and will again, that’s the beauty of convenience foods), so you can either buy a jar yourself or make it from scratch. It’s not hard at all, but I won’t add any recipe here since it’s not in the photo. I promise to get the scratch recipe for sauce for you next time.
I hope your holiday is lovely, and you have all the kitchen success you can have, and no mishaps with your dinner, either with food or with family. I’ll be back again tomorrow to start up #CranberryWeek with my recipe for slow cooker cranberry brisket. Until then-
- 1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces minced roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces garlic alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup leftover turkey gravy
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook shells according to package directions and drain.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, minced turkey, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the alfredo sauce and turkey gravy.
- Spoon a small amount of the sauce over the bottom of a baking dish or casserole.
- Fill shells with turkey and ricotta mixture and place open side up in the baking dish.
- Cover shells with remaining sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and a little sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake 30 minutes more.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
How to Use Holiday Leftovers
Hosted by Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Mini Stuffing Muffins by An Appealing Plan
- Turkey Egg Rolls with Cranberry Sauce by Brunch-n-Bites
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.