Chile-Bourbon marinade gives a great flavor to steaks, also is great on chicken.
- 1 to 3 serrano peppers (or 1 -3 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced)
- 1 to 2 ancho chili
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Soak ancho chiles in warm water for 30 minutes or until soft; remove from water saving 1/2 cup of liquid; remove stems and seeds and discard; then chop anchos into small pieces.
Combine all remaining ingredients (including chopped anchos) and the reserved 1/2 cup of liquid (from soaking anchos).
Place marinade over steaks (a resealable ziplock bag works nicely) for up to 12 hours (refrigerated).
After marinating, bring steaks to room temperature, remove from marinade, pat dry with paper toweling, and prepare as desired.
Makes about 1 cup of marinade, enough for several steaks.