Strawberry Shandy is a wonderful and refreshing take on lemonade-infused beer with the fruity flavors of strawberry!
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Kick off the Summer season with a Shandy!
Now that it is May here in Southwest Ohio, we can be pretty certain Old Man Winter has left us alone at long last as we see people coming out of their winter hiding, jogging down sidewalks, riding bicycles, planting flower and vegetable gardens and pulling the grills out of storage. Summer may not quite be here, but the rising temps are, and that means we will be coming out of our winter caves and heading outdoors.
It is a certainty that family barbecues will be in order, and rather than drinking beer all day a better idea might be to mix your beer with a light, refreshing lemonade as a cooler to the rising heat, saving on calories, carbs, and the dull sleepiness too much beer can bring on.
Simple to make, a Summer Shandy is a beer topped up with your favorite lemonade and stirred ever so gently. In this case, it is also infused with the fresh flavors of Spring strawberries. Give it a try at your next cookout or patio get-together!
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh ripe strawberries
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar or sugar substitute (to taste)
- 12 ounces Abita strawberry harvest lager beer
- Puree lemon juice, strawberries, sugar and water in a blender.
- Pour half into a beer mug and gently top up with 6 ounces Abita lager.
- Repeat for other drink.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry if desired.
You might also like:
Can’t Find a Recipe? | Help
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!