Tender slow-cooker pork chops with spiced apples pair with sour cream and chive noodles for a perfect Autumn homestyle dinner.
Slow Cooker Pork with Apples
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s #AppleWeek! I will be posting apple recipes all week long in conjunction with this event. There is also a giveaway, which you can find more information and the place to sign up to win right HERE.
Slow Cooker Pork with Apples, served with Sour Cream and Chive Noodles
Today I have my recipe for pork chops with apples in the crockpot. I served it with my recipe for sour cream and chive noodles, as shown in the photos.
For me it is a very simple, straightforward weeknight meal. It reminds me of the suppers I had growing up.
There are a lot of other blogger recipes for the day listed below, as well as some from yesterday in the link for the giveaway. Be sure to give them all a peek.
Slow Cooker Pork with Apples
- 2-1/2 pounds bone-in pork chops
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1-1/2 pounds Jonathan apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Season chops with salt and black pepper.
- Brown chops and onion in the olive oil in a skillet.
- Deglaze the pan with the apple cider.
- Place chops with onion in the crock pot and top with sliced apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for four hours.
- Remove the pork and drain the apples from the crock, and stir apples with butter and sugar.
- Serve apples with the pork.
- I also served this with my recipe for sour cream and chive noodles.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Apple Week Recipe Roundup:
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
You Might Also Like:
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Guinness
Pork with Sauerkraut in the Crockpot
Sauerkraut Cabbage Rolls (Slow Cooker)
Pork and apples are one of my favorite combinations. I can’t wait to try your recipe. Happy Apple Week!
I love serving fried apples as a side dish with pork chops. I can’t remember ever cooking them together in a crockpot though. It looks delicious!
That is our kind of dinner!!
I love that it all cooks together in the slow cooker and what a hearty looking meal, perfect for fall!
That looks delicious, Sue.