Welcome to #AppleWeek!
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and/or a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Welcome to #AppleWeek! All week long I will be joining blogging friends in presenting our favorite apple recipes of the season, along with the Giveaway which you can sign up for, which has been generously provided by our event sponsors. You can see info on that below.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally cream, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
Click the Rafflecopter link to enter:
Applesauce Nut Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Applesauce nut bread has traditionally been a fall favorite in my family for years, whether we made it as the nut bread shape, or in an 8×8 pan as a snacking cake. We would make this often, beginning with the first apples of fall and continuing right through Thanksgiving, and even Christmas, offering this as gifts or to welcomed guests at our holiday brunch table.
Although this recipe makes one loaf, you can easily increase the batter amounts if you prefer two loaves, to have an extra to send along to welcome recipients.
The bread itself is nicely moist with a good amount of spice and add-ins (I am notorious for adding extra goodies to my quick breads, aren’t you?) I hope you enjoy this as much as we did- this certainly went fast. I shall have to bake this one again very soon!
Applesauce Nut Bread
- 1 cup Imperial granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice House ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice House ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the bottom of a 1-pound loaf pan with nonstick spray, then fit a piece of parchment into the inside and spray the pan again. The paper helps insure the bottom doesn’t stick and the loaf lifts out easily.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each to mix in, then add the applesauce and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet batter a little at a time and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped nuts, apples, and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake on the center shelf of the preheated oven for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick can slip into the bread and be removed without wet batter.
- Cool ten minutes in the pan, then lift out and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Slice with a serrated knife for best results.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Apple Week Recipe Roundup:
- Apple Cinnamon Cakelets by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Apple Fritters by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Sticky Bun Bites by Soulfully Made
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pull Apart Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Sage Turkey Breakfast Sausage by Simple and Savory
- Apple Slaw by Girl Abroad
- Apple Spice Cake by Mildly Meandering
- Applejack Rabbit Cocktail by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Applesauce Nut Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Braised Chicken Breasts by Everyday Eileen
- Cider Doughnuts by The Redhead Baker
- Fresh Apple Granola by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Seared Steak with Envy-able Apples by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Warm Spiced Apple Topping by Family Around the Table
Thanks so much and c’ya tomorrow!
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.