Savory Almond Meal Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for Savory Almond Meal Bread, a low-carb bread that is also gluten-free and is a great alternative for those with dietary restrictions of numerous kinds.
This recipe is being posted as part of Bread Bakers, which for this month, we are posting for topics we may have missed. And this is one I had baked up for a gluten free bread topic, but something came up and I didn’t have a chance to post before the reveal day. Sometimes life gets in the way.
Healthy Low Carb and Gluten Free
The savory almond meal bread is one that is great for me as it is very low carb, and I can easily make slices of it for toast, which is something I really want to have when I make poached or fried eggs that have the runny yolks for breakfast. And considering the amount of cereal I can have for breakfast is very limited since I have to watch how much sugar I eat, eggs do tend to appear early in the day a lot.
I may have some other bread or carb at some time during the day, but I try to avoid eating that at every meal, because there will be things like pasta, rice, or potatoes that turn up.
But for your interest, I have included the nutritional facts below in the recipe printout. Since I have to use an app for that, and have seen mistakes in nutrition facts on various sites, if it is very important, I’d say that you should double check it yourself, otherwise use it as a general guideline only.
This month, we are catching up on old ‘Bread Bakers’ themes we missed out on. Our host of the month is Pavani at Cook’s Hideout. Check out what the Bread Bakers have baked up.
- Adjaruli Khachapuri from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Big Batch Dinner Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Breudher Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull apart Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Cranberry English Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Eggless Oats Banana Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Fig Jam Friands from All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Garlic Cheese and Herbs Pull apart Bread from Ambrosia
- Herbed Wholewheat Garlic Knots from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Keema Naan from The Schizo Chef
- Peperoncini Focaccia Bread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Savory Almond Meal Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Cinnamon Buns from Baking Sense
- Steamed Apple Date Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Vegan Gluten-free Banana Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Whole Wheat Palak Naan from Cook with Renu
- Yeasted Lemon Bundt Cake from Anybody Can Bake
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Savory Almond Meal Bread
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a glass loaf pan.
- Mix together all ingredients except sesame seeds into a smooth batter and spread into pan.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com