Jazz up your backyard barbecue snack bowl with this simple and easy spicy garlic dill pickle dip for your favorite chips.
Spicy Garlic Dill Pickle Dip
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for a spicy dill pickle dip with the Improv Cooking challenge, where we make recipes combining two interesting ingredients. for this month we are combining butter and pickles, which is great, because this recipe contains both.
I actually got the idea for this when I popped in to a meat market that had some extra groceries, and we had grabbed up a bag of spicy garlic dill pickle chips, which were really tasty!
But instead of having to pop in to that market to get those, as I didn’t really see that chip brand elsewhere, I set out to put together a dip that would give that flavor to plain chips,which every market has.
The result was really good, so now I can have this anytime, as well as all my friends who live in places that don’t have that chip. So many chips are regional!
Improv Cooking Challenge
1 Ingredient + 1 Ingredient= Endless Possibilities
Butter & Pickles
Here’s the deal: Fearless bloggers have to use the two ingredients together in one awesome recipe.
Check out what the other bloggers have made!
- Bread & Butter Pickle Buttermilk Biscuits by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Deviled Ham Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dill Pickle Soup by Home Sweet Homestead
- Spicy Garlic Dill Pickle Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Cuban Sliders by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pickled Gherkins /Dill Pickle by Sneha’s Recipe
- Rassolnik – Russian Pickle Soup by Pandemonium Noshery
- Dill Pickle Cornbread Muffins with Pickle Butter by Cookaholic Wife
- Dill Pickle Compound Butter by A Day in the Life on the Farm
You Might Also Like:
Spicy Garlic Dill Pickle DipServings: 2 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup minced dill pickles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice or brine
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients and chill several hours before serving; allow to warm up slightly to serve if needed.
NotesFrom the kitchen of palatablepastime.com