Lemon Blueberry Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day is for Lemon Blueberry Bread with the #BreadBakers blogging group as we meet up on the second Tuesday to bake up delicious recipes for all types of breads and this month the topic is on quick breads.
I decided to bake up a lemony blueberry bread as it is one of my favorite things at this point in Spring with Summer almost upon us: to mix up the blueberries of Spring with my beloved Summer lemons.
How to Serve?
I suppose everyone has their fav way to eat quick bread but mine is mostly for breakfast, spread with very cold butter. It’s perfect that way, with the bread even also slightly chilled for me. With a small family, we will have plenty, so there will be tons around for afternoon coffee or tea, and this makes a fabulous base for macerated blueberries with whipped cream for a shortcake.
As the days pass and it gets stale, it even makes a handy French toast, dipped in beaten eggs and griddled until golden. With all these choices, maybe a second loaf? And if you change your mind mid-stream, it freezes well too.
June 2019: Quick bread Loaves
- Banana Nut Bread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Cheddar Bacon Chive Quick Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Quick Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Coconut Sweet Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Cranberry Pecan Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Espresso Banana Quick Bread with Espresso Streusel from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Irish Soda Bread from Anybody Can Bake
- Keto Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread from Cook With Renu
- Lady Grey Date Nut Bread from A Messy Kitchen
- Lemon Blueberry Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Pistachio Loaf from Ambrosia
- Summer Shandy Beer Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Bread from Simply Inspired Meals
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
You Might Also Like:
Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Liberally grease or spray with nonstick spray a one pound loaf pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and the zest of one lemon, reserving the juice.
- In another small bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk, vanilla, and reserved lemon juice to create a batter.
- Rinse the blueberries and drain, then toss with one tablespoon of flour to coat.
- Fold berries into the batter.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool in pan ten minutes, then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.