Moist and delicious banana nut bread has an old-fashioned maple walnut flavor and is easy to make in a Bundt pan, with an attractive fluted shape.
Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day for Bundt Bakers is Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread- which takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out if a recipe is going to work if you may have misplaced your loaf pan. Besides. It’s prettier.
And my apologies if I am being a home-wrecker when it comes to your diet. But everything in moderation, right?
It’s not going to help your diet if I tell you this might just be the best tasting banana bread I have ever made, is it? I won’t hide the secret- it’s the maple and molasses.
So this is not going to be as light colored as some banana bread recipes, but richer and darker with more caramel and old-fashioned flavor (some of that comes from using brown sugar as well).
- Almond Amaretto Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Baklava Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Bundt Cake Nueces Pacanas from Merce`s Cake
- Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Date & Walnut Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Gateau de Noix – French Nut Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Nutty Upside Down Cake from Sneha’s Recipe
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (1.5 cups pulp)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cooled melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep a regular size Bundt pan with Baker’s release spray or liberally grease/flour.
- Mix up the banana pulp, buttermilk, melted butter, molasses, egg, extracts and brown sugar.
- Separately, mix up the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the wet and stir to blend.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out without wet batter.
- Cool in pan ten minutes, then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Dust with a little powdered sugar, if desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com