Moist and delicious banana nut bread has an old-fashioned maple walnut flavor and is easy to make in a Bundt pan, with an attractive fluted shape.
Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day for Bundt Bakers is Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread- which takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out if a recipe is going to work if you may have misplaced your loaf pan. Besides. It’s prettier.
And my apologies if I am being a home-wrecker when it comes to your diet. But everything in moderation, right?
It’s not going to help your diet if I tell you this might just be the best tasting banana bread I have ever made, is it? I won’t hide the secret- it’s the maple and molasses.
So this is not going to be as light colored as some banana bread recipes, but richer and darker with more caramel and old-fashioned flavor (some of that comes from using brown sugar as well).
This group was started five years ago and our very first theme was NUTS.
We’ve gone nuts again to celebrate our 5th anniversary!
Hosted by Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Almond Amaretto Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Baklava Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Bundt Cake Nueces Pacanas from Merce`s Cake
- Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Date & Walnut Bundt Cake from Living the Gourmet
- Gateau de Noix – French Nut Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Nutty Upside Down Cake from Sneha’s Recipe
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Bundt Pan Banana Nut Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (1.5 cups pulp)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cooled melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep a regular size Bundt pan with Baker’s release spray or liberally grease/flour.
- Mix up the banana pulp, buttermilk, melted butter, molasses, egg, extracts and brown sugar.
- Separately, mix up the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the wet and stir to blend.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out without wet batter.
- Cool in pan ten minutes, then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Dust with a little powdered sugar, if desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You Might Also Like:
Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
That slice is just perfect for me!!! Send me one or two please!!! It looks delicious!!! XOXO
Thanks. Too bad it disappeared faster than a thief in the night. Time to bake again!
What’s a diet? 😉 Of all the things in my house, bananas are the one thing that I always have an abundance of, and I am looking forward to trying this recipe soon.
I think you’ll like it!
The perfect breakfast Sue.
Thanks. It might be my best banana bread yet.
I love banana cake with tea and this bundt looks too tempting to resist.
What a great idea! It would be hard to share this one but I would do my best.