By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Lavender Snickerdoodles Disclaimer: Thank you to Millican Pecan, Anolon Bakeware, Sweets & Treats and Adams Extracts, for providing the prizes for #ChristmasCookies Week free of charge. As always, all opinions are my own.
Lavender Snickerdoodles is my recipe of the day with Christmas Cookies Week. We are winding down the event today as well as the giveaway so make sure you get entered before it ends.
I got the idea to make these a few months ago. Folks may have seen me crooning about my bakery box from a local shop called Brown Bear.
I was intrigued by the snickerdoodles with both floral and citrus and absolutely zero cinnamon. I mean, I do love cinnamon snickerdoodles too (who doesn’t?) but these were fantastic.
I used an Anolon baking pan when making these cookies. I love the silicone handles which provide extra grip when retrieving the hot pans from the oven.
With Christmas coming up, and usually enjoying snickerdoodles of one type or another, these were the perfect choice for this week They aren’t entirely just for Christmas either- floral makes them perfect all year long.
Although I do admit to making them a little smaller for the holidays. Reason being- with so many cookies, I like smaller ones so folks can sample them all. However, they still bake up if you make them a bit larger.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Friday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Bonbon Cookies by That Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Espresso Icebox Cookies by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chocolate-Dipped Orange Logs by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Magic Bars by Devour Dinner
- Christmas Monster Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies by Blogghetti
- Frosted Eggnog Cookie Bars by Family Around the Table
- Grinch Heart Thumbprint Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Holiday Everything Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Walnut Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Kahlua Mudslide Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lavender Snickerdoodles by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Linzer Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Little Monster Cookie Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Maple Sugar Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Making Miracles
- Mocha Sandies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Bark Surprise Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Pinwheel Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Poppy Seed Shortbread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sadie’s Double Pecan Butter Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Small Batch Pecan Fingers by Art of Natural Living
- Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Spiced Holiday Cutouts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe by Swirls of Flavor
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Molasses Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
You Might Also Like:
Eggnog Snickerdoodles bring the festive seasonal flavor of spirited homemade eggnog to the classic cookie.
These sugared cookie balls look like Mexican wedding cakes but have a texture similar to macarons with added festive fruit.
Delicately crisp and thin peppermint cookies festively colored and sprinkled with peppermint and crystal sugars for the holidays!
Iced molasses cookies are an old-fashioned, slightly crisp variation on gingerbread cookies with a cream cheese icing that sets up.
Simple fudgy Black Forest brownies with a hidden cherry surprise.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract
- 2 lemons (zest only)
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sugar and lavender for the sugar coating in a mortar and pestle and grind until lavender breaks down.
- Cream butter and sugar for dough.
- Add eggs, extracts and lemon zest. Save the rest of the lemons for something else.
- Stir together the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda, then gradually add to creamed mix to make a smooth dough.
- Chill dough 20 minutes.
- Roll 1 teaspoon dough into a ball and then coat in lavender sugar.
- Flatten slightly then place on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Christmas Cookies Week Giveaway:
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Enter to Win Prizes!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
Giveaway Disclaimer: Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.