Mini M&M Cookies
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Mini M&M Cookies is my recipe of the day for the annual blogging event Christmas Cookies Week. My blogging friends and I have been doing this one for a few years now. It’s always something I look forward to. Especially since cookie baking is so much fun.
I decided to post a recipe for M&M’s cookies, which is a childhood favorite of many. It is essentially a chocolate chip cookie, but using the candies adds a festive color.
Christmas Cookies Week
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies Week! That time of year when we soften the butter, fire up the oven, and make cookie trays for family, friends, and neighbors. This year more than 20 top-notch bloggers are sharing their very favorite creations for all to make and enjoy. Join us for a week’s worth of Christmas cookie deliciousness.
- Caramel Tassies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Thumbprints by Hostess At Heart
- Christmas Shortbread Cookie Bars by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Date Sugar Walnut Cookies by Magical Ingredients
- Earl Grey Snickerdoodles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy Cake Mix Biscotti by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Gingerbread Penuche Sandwich Cookies by That Recipe
- Ginger Molasses Cookies with Caramelized Ginger by Family Around the Table
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms by Frugal & Fit
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Blogghetti
- Iced Gingerbread Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Maple Doodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini M&M Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies by Shockingly Delicious
- Orange Ginger Refrigerator Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Peppermint Meringues by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Reese’s Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sugar Plum Pinwheel Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies by Jen Around the World
Mini M&M Cookies
You Might Also Like:
Brookies are sure-to-please, delicious (and cleverly named) brownie-cookie hybrids super simple and easy to make!
Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies are simply the best oatmeal cookies I have ever eaten, hands down (and I won’t tell if you sub chocolate chips).
Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies are crisp spiced cookies made with a gingerbread man cookie cutter and decorated like reindeer for Christmas.
Almond Toffee Sandies are delightfully crisp and delicious shortbread cookies with crunchy almonds and toffee brickle.
Italian Anisette Cookies are delicate Italian cake-like cookies flavored with anise and decorated with a simple glaze and sprinkles.
Mini M&M Cookies
Mini M&M's Cookies
- cookie sheet
- cookie dough scoop
- parchment paper
- 10.10 ounces Mini M&M's candies 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cookie sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter with sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and extracts and blend again,
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt until a dough forms, then stir in one cups of the M&Ms, saving the last half cup for the tops.
- Use a one tablespoon cookie scoop to drop dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies five minutes to allow them to spread, then sprinkle with cookie decor and remaining candies.
- Continue baking another 5-7 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on pan 5-10 minutes before sliding the parchment onto a cookie rack to finish cooling.
Don’t Forget to Pin & Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!