“Simple but delicious way to have sweet potato. This could make an interesting vegetarian entree, but is also excellent as a side dish with about half a poblano per person.Topped withr both tomatillo salsa and chiles toreados, both which I have recipes available on my blog.
- 2 large peppers (poblano peppers, roasted and peeled, seeds cut out)
- 10 ounces sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ounces cheese (cotija cheese or queso fresco)
- 4 tablespoons mexican crema (or creme fraiche or thin sour cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Tomatillo Salsa (link below)
- Chiles Toreados (link below)
Tomatillo Salsa Recipe: http://palatablepastime.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/tomatillo-salsa/
Chiles Toreados Recipe: http://palatablepastime.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/chiles-toreados-roasted-hot-peppers/
Roast peppers on a comal or under broiler; remove skin, slit up one side and cut out seeds.
Pulse remaining ingredients in a food processor and fill poblanos.
Place on a baking sheet and warm at 350F or in a toaster oven for about 15 minutes or until filling is hot.
Serve topped with tomatillo salsa, if desired.
I garnished mine as well with sliced chiles toreados (roasted serrano peppers)