By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Vegetable Quesadillas is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Potluck Party. This is a twice monthly group that posts on the first Saturday as Saturday Supper Club and on the last Saturday as Potluck Party. Anything goes as far as recipes go. SO prepare to see your favorite bloggers post some of their favorite recipes, all true to their brand.
I’d had something pretty much like this at a local Tex-Mex restaurant for lunch. When we visited, I was wanting something light and meatless, and it certainly fit the bill.
I recreated it at home as well for a quick lunch. I used some of my queso cheese dip which I keep on hand, as well as some ripe avocado, and some vegetables I seared on the electric grill. You could use a skillet for those as well.
While I just used peppers and onion as the veggie part, you could use any you like. Zucchini is a great idea. Or at breakfast, potatoes.
Welcome to Potluck Party #2 (February 2022)
- Easiest Lasagna Recipe for a Crowd from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mushroom Lo Mein from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Ram Ladoo from Magical Ingredients
- Surti Undhiyu from Sneha’s Recipe
- Tapita Fría Mar y Huerta from Patyco Candy Bar
- Vegetable Quesadillas from Palatable Pastime
You Might also Like:
Mexican Style Rice (Instant Pot) easily puts a festive Tex-Mex rice side on your table with the help of your electric pressure cooker.
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is easy to make at home with simple methods and ingredients instead of making a run for the border.
Freezer guacamole lets you take charge of your avocados and make your favorite Mexican dip on your own terms and eat it in your own good time.
Instant Pot Beef Tacos have a delicious ground beef filling that cooks up in just minutes from a frozen state using your electric pressure cooker.
Mexican queso dip is easily made on y0ur stove with white cheeses and a few other simple pantry ingredients.
- 4 tortillas flour tortillas
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper or poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno fresh; optional
- 1 cup cheese queso dip or shredded queso cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Slice onion, peppers and avocado.
- Cook onion and peppers on grill or in a skillet and set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet and lace tortilla in melted butter.
- Top with vegetables, avocado slices and cheese, folding tortilla over as it softens.
- Cook on low heat until tortilla is browned and golden, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Don’t Forget to Pin and Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which offer sources for ingredients and equipment, if needed. Clicking on them doesn’t cost you anything but helps pay the electric bill and keep the blog lights on should you purchase anything during your visit! Thanks for your support.