Grilled Lamb Chops Dijon
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Once again it is time for Blogger C.L.U.E. and for March, the bloggers have decided to do recipes around the theme of Easter. I was lucky enough to be assigned Liz Berg’s blog at That Skinny Chick Can Bake. She has awesome recipes for baked goods and desserts among other things. But this time I was attracted to the lamb, which just speaks of Easter time to me, and Spring in general.
And it might seem a little early to be grilling, or not. The weather today was more like May and quite sunny! So grilling definitely can be a plan when we are so lucky.
Also of note is that I love any recipe by Julia Child and this one seems to be adapted from her recipe for mustard coating and marinade for roast and broiled lamb and kebabs out of the cookbook The Way To Cook, with changes that Liz has made regarding cook method and meat cut.
Liz’s take on Julia’s recipe: Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic
Grilled Lamb Chops Dijon
Marinate 6 hours
Cook 10-15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary leaves, thyme, or oregano
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 lamb chops
- Mix ingredients except chops in a small bowl.
- Marinate chops in this for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade and grill chops over indirect heat to 120ºF., then finish over direct heat until the temp comes up to 130ºF. for a nice char and medium-rare doneness. Adjust cooking time if you prefer.
- Rest chops ten minutes, then serve.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Recipe adapted from Julia Child and Liz Berg.
- Asparagus Tips with Cucumber Vinaigrette by Anna from annaDishes
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Rum Cinnamon Sauce by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Cloverleaf Rolls by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Lamb Chops Dijon by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Honey and Thyme Glazed Ham by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Balsamic Carrots by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Lemon Loaf by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Maple Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- New Potato Salad Tartare by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Rosemary Cheddar Cornbread Muffins by Amy from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Sgroppino al Limon by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Strawberry Shortcakes with Olive Oil Cake by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Surprise Carrot Cake by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Sweet Almond Pastry by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- The Muddler from Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
You might also like: