Greek Lemon Cauliflower Pilaf
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Today is the last day for #RecipeMakeover.For today I am offering up my recipe for Greek Cauli-Rice (Cauliflower Pilaf) which is tasty while being very low carb. The cauliflower is easy to chop into rice and makes a great healthy alternative to ordinary long grain rice. I first did this recipe some time back when I was adhering to Weight-Watchers. It also is very good for diabetics watching their carb intakes. I think it makes a great side dish.
This has been such a great week, and I want to thank our sponsors and the ladies at PinterTest kitchen once again for allowing me to participate in this great gig. The giveaway is still on so sign up for that if you have not already done so. Who doesn’t like to win free stuff?
The sign up is below, along with the linky party showing the last of the #RecipeMakeover recipes the other bloggers posted for today. Make sure you scoot on over there and give them a peek.
Join me tomorrow for a day of “Chef’s Surprise” (aka I have been so busy I haven’t decided what is going up on the blog). But I have a thick stack of recipes here that I haven’t posted yet. I’ll dig until I find something good. Sunday I’ll be posting with the #SundaySupper group- this week it’s Cinco de Mayo all the way, and I’ll be sharing my recipe for Chicken Tinga Chalupas.
All next week I am hosting a #MexicanRecipes event with my blogging friends- we’ll be having a bit of a fiesta all week long so join us each day for those Mexican, Tex-Mex and southwest recipes everyone loves. It doesn’t have to be Cinco for that. We eat that kind of food all the time! Join me each day!
Greek Lemon Cauliflower Pilaf
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- Pulse fresh cauliflower florets in a food processor until it is like rice (I have also seen this stuff at Trader Joe’s for sale in bags if you want to skip this part, but it is easy enough to do).
- Saute the onion in the butter or oil (I use half butter, half oil) until it softens.
- Add the cauliflower rice and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together the chicken base into the lemon juice and add that to the pan along with the herbs, salt and pepper, cooking a couple minutes more or until as tender as you like.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
This week, I’ve joined forced with 40+ of my food blogger friends to present #RecipeMakeover. During this week, we’ll all be sharing our favorite better-for-you alternatives to unhealthy dishes. Follow along on any of the blogs below or with the hashtag on social media to find nutritious dishes that are packed with flavor.
A huge THANK YOU to our sponsors, who have made #RecipeMakeover possible! They’ve provided a number of awesome products that you can win by entering our #RecipeMakeover giveaway below.
Just follow the instructions below, and you could win the following prize pack:
- Butter-flavored coconut oil and digestive blend from our sponsor Barlean’s – Barlean’s butter-flavored coconut oil is an organic, dairy-free alternative that can be used as a 1:1 substitution for butter. Their digestive blend is an organic, vegan combination of flaxseed, chai seed, quinoa, unsweetened shredded coconut, and a proprietary pumpkin blend, that is delicious sprinkled into salads, smoothies, oatmeal, and more.
- Sampler pack of original, mesquite, and applewood Smokin O’s from our sponsor Smokin O’s – Instead of frying, choose a healthier cooking option like grilling! Smokin O’s is an innovative new product that allows you to add a natural wood taste even if you are using a propane grill, and they work great in charcoal grills and smokers too. No soaking, no mess, no wait – just delicious wood flavoring from a 100% natural product with no binders or chemicals.
- 4 flatbread pizzas from our sponsor American Flatbread – Choose from any of America Flatbread’s 15 all-natural, handmade pizza varieties, available at your local grocery store. These pizzas feature 100% organically grown wheat crusts and are topped with fresh herbs, vegetables, and cheeses (no rBST growth hormone!). They’re all-natural, with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, and handcrafted from scratch and par-baked in wood-fired ovens.
- 5 containers (48 oz) of ice cream from our sponsor Turkey Hill – Ice cream for a health food event? Try out their line of no-sugar-added products for a sweet treat without the guilt or their line of light ice creams, which have a rich taste with a fraction of the fat. They also have a rainbow sherbet option, which is Vitamin C and naturally low in fat. These all make great dessert options for special occasions. Turkey Hill also believes in implementing green initiatives to cut down on waste, reduce packaging, and minimize outputs into the environment.
- 15 tuna creations pouches from our sponsor StarKist – StarKist tuna pouches all have at least 13 grams of protein, and their BOLD line now includes three gluten-free varieties: Tuna Creations® BOLD Thai Chili Style; Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño; and Tuna Creations® BOLD Hot Buffalo Style.
- Mueller Spiral-Ultra 4-Blade Spiralizer from blog hosts, The PinterTest Kitchen – this 4-in-1 gadget allows you to spiralize your favorite veggies, and it also has extra attachments for a juicer, mandolin and grater.
This prize pack is valued at over $200, and one lucky winner will get it all! This giveaway is open world-wide except where prohibited. A winner will be randomly drawn on April 29, at the conclusion of #RecipeMakeover, and the winner will be contact via email.
Enter the Giveaway Here!
you get a chance with each one you follow
Thank you to all of our participating bloggers. Click the links below to find out what recipes they’re cooking up for #RecipeMakeover:
The PinterTest Kitchen • Fix Me a Little Lunch • Rosie Discovers • crave the good • Zesty South Indian Kitchen • That Recipe • The Domestic Dietitian • Authentically Candace • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Body Rebooted • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Feeding Big • Natural Contents • Seduction In The Kitchen • Everyday Eileen • Family Around The Table • Fairyburger • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Kitchen Counter Chronicles • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats • Chocolate Slopes • Little House Big Alaska • Makes, Bakes and Decor • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • Meadoe Out on a Limb • Strawberry Blondie Kitchen • Mel Claire • Cookaholic Wife • For the Love of Food • The Saucy Southerner • Cook’s Hideout • Two Lazy Gourmets • Ink and Sugar • Cookingwithsapana • The Chef Next Door • Sarah Cooks the Books • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Frankly Entertaining • Palatable Pastime • Our Good Life • The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine • A Day in the Life on the Farm
Stay tuned to see all of the delicious recipes bloggers create during #RecipeMakeover! Click on the hop link button to be transported to the other recipes:
Each daily linky party has different recipes in it from Monday through Friday so if you’d like to see the others, refer to the linkups in the blog posts earlier in the week!