Bocconcini Caprese – Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is one of my favorite summer salads and I always look forward each Spring to the time when tomatoes will be getting ripe enough to make this. It can be tossed together in a few minutes and really doesn’t need to marinate, although you could if you wished. But I don’t really like refrigerating my tomatoes as I think it takes away from its texture and flavor.
The bocconcini mozz are smallish and round. You could easily substitute a larger knob of buffalo mozz and just cut it into cubes without noticing it much.
In any case, no matter which type you use, I am sure this will be a summer favorite in your home too, if it is not already!
Bocconcini Caprese - Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 8 ounces fresh bocconcini mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium vine-ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced (chiffonade) fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss with cheese, tomato, and basil.
You might also like: