Bocconcini Caprese – Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This is one of my favorite summer salads. I always look forward each Spring to the time when tomatoes will be getting ripe enough to make this. It can be tossed together in a few minutes and really doesn’t even need to marinate. Although you could if you wished. But I don’t really like refrigerating my tomatoes. I think it takes away from their texture and flavor.
In any case, no matter which type you use, I am sure this will be a summer favorite in your home too, if it is not already!
You might also like:
Bocconcini Caprese - Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 8 ounces fresh bocconcini mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium vine-ripe tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced chiffonade)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss with cheese, tomato, and basil.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!