Ghost Cheddar Popcorn
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Today I am sharing my recipe of the day which is for ghost cheddar popcorn. You may also notice that today I also am sharing my recipe for honey sriracha peanuts for a separate event.
I am known as being a bit of a chilehead as I love love love hot and spicy food. I also love popcorn. Being a diabetic I am very happy that for whatever reason, having a small bowl does not run my bs up, but I know it is different for everyone. So if you know me and know I am diabetic and simply seeing me post something doesn’t mean it is ok for diabetics. I do cook something which I may only taste before passing it on to family and friends. But for me, the small bowl of popcorn is ok. I hope it is also ok for you.
It helps that this is even hotter than the sriracha nuts, and has a definite burn that builds. So you aren’t exactly going to be able to pig out on this easily.
Of course, you can dial the heat down by using a less *lethal* type of ground pepper. Cayenne and jalapeno are really delicious and are far less spicy than the ghost. Oh and you might want to add just a little bit of the pepper to the cheese mix and taste it before dumping it all in. Some people don’t even like black pepper and I really don’t need the hate mail. K?
But anyway, this is great for parties.
I remember when I was young we had a huge jar of some freakishly hot pickled jalapenos (not really hot compared to this but- hey! It was the 1970’s!)
We used to dare each other to eat those. And watch our faces turn red. So you can imagine the fun you might have with this snack!
Enjoy! And have a safe and happy Halloween!
Festive Foodies bloggers have joined hands to bring you a collection of favorite Halloween recipes, both today, and also we shared a bunch on Tuesday, so you can go back and check those out if you like.
Tuesday I shared my recipe for Candy Calzones, which are flaky turnovers chock full of candy bars. You can make them ahead on purpose, or if you should happen to find yourself buried in candy bars after Halloween, these are a good way to get rid of some, and right quick, too.
- Ghost Cheddar Popcorn by Palatable Pastime
- Graveyard Chocolate Apple Slices by Big Bear’s Wife
- Graveyard Cookie Dip by Our Good Life
- Halloween Crunch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Halloween Haystacks by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Muddy Buddies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Monster Marshmallows by Family Around the Table
- Monster Mash Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mummy Brownies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Shrimp on the Brain Dip by Cooking with Carlee
- Boozy Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vampire Victim Cocktail by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Ghost Cheddar Popcorn
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ghost chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Pop popcorn using your favorite method.
- Stir together the cheddar cheese powder, chili powder, salt, ground ghost chili pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle popcorn with melted butter and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss again to coat.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You Might Also Like:
Where to Purchase Equipment and Ingredients
For This Recipe (plus my fav picks):
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which offer sources for ingredients and equipment, if needed. Clicking on them doesn’t cost you anything but helps pay the electric bill and keep the blog lights on should you purchase anything during your visit! Thanks for your support.