Meatball Stromboli takes pizza dough and rolls it up with good things like sliced meatballs, sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Meatball Stromboli is my recipe of the day with Bread Bakers. We post once a month, baking up bread and bread related recipes on different topics.
November is all about stuffed breads, of which there are many. A few of our bakers are doing Italian ones this month, myself included. I decided on making a meatball stromboli, because I had a bag of meatballs I made and put away a couple of months ago and it’s really getting to be time to use them.
The making of this is easy enough–I used a packaged Wewalka pizza dough since you can unroll it and it is exactly the right shape and size you need.
From there, a good schmear of pizza sauce, some Parm, some mozzarella slices and the meatballs (sliced) round out the bill. It bakes up in half an hour and once it cools a little bit, you can slice and serve with some extra sauce on the side.
Bread Bakers – Stuffed Breads
- Coconut Buns by Magical Ingredients
- Callaloo Loaf by Passion Kneaded
- Double Cheese Fatayers by Ambrosia
- Meatball Stromboli by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Pepperoni Rolls by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ricotta Calzones with Spinach and Sausage by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rolled Pepperoni Pizza Loaf by Food Lust People Love
- Sourdough Custard buns by Zestysouthindiankitchen
- Stuffed Potato Kulcha by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sweet Potato and Apple Braid by What Smells So Good?
- Taco Tuesday Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Whole Wheat Vegetarian Calzones by Cook with Renu
- #BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our lovely bread by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
You Might Also Like:
Stromboli Bundt Cake
This surprisingly savory Bundt cake is not a Bundt cake at all, but a stromboli filled with meat and cheese.
Lasagna For Two
Lasagne for two (or three!), made in a loaf pan instead of a larger casserole, is perfectly sized for a romantic meal or small family.
Pizza Focaccia is a yeasty flat bread easily made into a sheet pan pizza bread for snacking or pizza night with a few extra toppings.
Ham & Ricotta Calzone
This classic calzone is a folded pizza turnover filled with prosciutto, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses.
Italian Cream Bundt Cake
And this Italian Cream cake is a Southern buttermilk Bundt cake with coconut, pecans, and cream cheese frosting.
- Pizza stone
- 14.1 ounces pkg refrigerated Wewalka Classic Pizza oblong pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (for inside)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces Mozzarella cheese slices
- 8 ounces cooked sliced beef meatballs
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (to dip stromboli)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Unroll pizza crust onto parchment paper.
- Spread pizza sauce, leaving about 2 inches dough dry around the perimeter.
- Keeping the perimeter dry from all ingredients, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then lay out the mozzarella slices.
- Top with thin slices of cooked warm meatballs (if you use frozen ones, make sure they are warmed up).
- Brush egg around the edges of dough.
- Keeping the stromboli long, fold over end edges onto the topping and brush again with egg.
- Starting on one side, roll up like a burrito, pressing seams closed.
- Place seam underneath.
- Brush the top with egg and sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan.
- Bake for thirty minutes or until nicely browned and about 195F inside.
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with extra pizza sauce as a dip if you like.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
A great way to get a delicious and easy dinner on the table in short order.
I just made a stromboli for another event. Not with meatballs though. I will have to try that next time. Yours look tasty!
I have a whole gaggle of kids who would love this, and I love the shortcut use of the dough!
That meat ball stromboli is calling my name looks delicious I need to try this.
Beautifully stuffed stromboli looks delicious. Love it