Blender Salsa is a quick trick for making your favorite spicy sauce from cherry tomatoes without the tedious chopping.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Blender Salsa is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Sunday Funday. We group together weekly to share recipes on a common topic. This week we are offering recipes that use fresh garden produce.
One of the veggies my small garden is overrun with each summer is cherry tomatoes. I keep a running bowl of them on the counter. And we snack on them every time we pass by.
But even so, they still gang up on me. So salsa is a great way to use those up.
However chopping cherry tomatoes is a bit more tedious than larger tomatoes. Yet the perfect salsa fresca with these tiny toms is to toss them into a blender, pulse a few times, and go.
Great for tortilla chips and salsa, or putting on tacos and nachos. Easy peasy.
Fresh Garden Harvest Recipes
- Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Blender Salsa from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Rhubarb Chutney from Cook with Renu
- Caprese Skewers from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Fruit Salad with Rhubarb Syrup, Mint and Basil from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baby Potatoes In Green Gravy With A Twist from Sneha’s Recipe
- Tomato, Garlic, and Basil Bruschetta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Summer Squash Gratin from Food Lust People Love
You Might Also Like:
Salsa Casera Roja (Orange Taquera Sauce) is the infamous orange taqueria taco sauce with the distinctive orange color.
Mexican Restaurant Table Salsa is delicious salsa you can put together in a few minutes no matter what time of year it is.
Tomatillo salsa is easy to make and delicious, whether you spoon it over your favorite taco or use it as a base sauce for things like enchiladas.
Homemade Smooth Taco Sauce is an easy way to make your own salsa for tacos, tostadas, and burritos right from your kitchen.
Green Tomato Enchilada Sauce combines end of season tomatoes and green chillies to make the perfect chile verde enchilada sauce.
- 16 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pulse all ingredients in a blender 6-10 times until it is the consistency you like.
- Makes 2-1/2 cups.
And Don’t Forget to Pin and Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!