Traditional comfort food dish of smothered pork using boneless ribs instead of chops for quicker and easier cooking.
Cooking time: 70 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless country style ribs or boneless pork shoulder blade roast, sliced into ribs
- salt and pepper to season ribs
- 2 large onions, cut into slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch in 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Brown ribs and onions with garlic and seasonings.
- Pour broth and soy sauce onto ribs.
- Cover and bake for 45 min at 375F.
- Remove ribs spoon out any excess fat from pan drippings.
- Stir in the slurry and cook until thickened, then add ribs back in and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes