Ham Salad – whenever you find yourself knee-deep in leftover holiday ham (or just have some extra on hand), keep calm and make ham salad!
by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
You won’t need a crystal ball to know that soon, most people will be knee deep in leftover ham from Easter, and the same thing happens year round during holiday seasons. Ham is an obvious choice for feeding large groups, but often there is still leftover. This recipe is a great way to use up a bit of that for lunch and it is quite simple to make.
Of course, if you like to make something like Ham and Bean Soup or Creamy Ham and Beans with your leftover ham, I have recipes for those as well. Perhaps your ham is really huge and you’ll want to try several recipes. And why not? They are really delicious and can be looked forward to as much as the ham in the main event itself.
So look to your market for special prices on hams during the holiday season and don’t fret too much if the ham is a bit more than you need. Take advantage of the economical prices and eat well with several different ham recipes.
You might also like:
Delicious Sloppy Joes are the comfort food sandwiches that satisfied the kid inside of each and every one of us.
Delicious chicken salad with the bite of Louisiana pepper sauce and the creaminess of blue cheese. This makes the perfect sandwich for lunch!
Fleischsalat is a German style meat salad made with bologna and sour gherkins, mostly used as a delicious sandwich spread.
- 1 pound ham finely chopped or coarsely ground
- 4-6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion or shallot
- 2 tbsp. pickle relish
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pulse leftover ham chunks in a food processor until coarsely ground but not pasty; alternatively, finely mince with a chef's knife.
- Stir together ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on bread or hard rolls with additional condiments, if desired.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!