Garlic Breadstick Snakes
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Welcome to Baking Bloggers! We get together each month to post on a topic of some sort of baked recipe, which we all vote on. For October for fun and on a Halloween theme, we decided to do “Vampires Beware! We’re Baking with Garlic!” For my selection today, I have made bread sticks seasoned with garlic, Parmesan and herbs, and shaped into fun and creepy snakes, which kids should love!
These are made easily with a tube of ready-to-go pizza dough, although you can make your own if you prefer.
Sprinkled with seasonings and cheese, then rolled up, then rolled out into ropes, these are simple enough for the kids to help make.
From there, you can serve these with a bit of marinara or garlic butter as a bread appetizer, or you could choose to serve this with something like spaghetti, or perhaps a warm bowl of minestrone soup. What a perfect warm-up to feed the kids before heading out on Beggar’s Night to do a bit of Trick-or Treating or to have as a nibble for a frightfully fun Halloween party!
Be sure to scroll down and see all the recipes offered by the Baking Bloggers this month! We have enough garlic to keep even the thirstiest vampires at bay. Have a safe and happy Halloween and see you next month on the second Monday (November 12th) when we will be baking up our favorite recipes for the Cast Iron Skillet (in the oven!)
Garlic Breadstick Snakes
- 1 (11 ounce) roll Pillsbury thin crust pizza crust
- Seasonings: garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, Parmesan cheese
- toasted sesame seeds,as needed
- 2 slices thick bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Marina sauce or garlic butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread out half the dough, and sprinkle with garlic powder, dried oregano, a little bit of salt, and Parmesan cheese.
- Take the piece of seasoned dough and roll up like a jelly roll, then cut into six pieces, pinching the edges closed to seal in the seasonings.
- Roll out each piece into a long rope, considering it will shrink back a bit, so roll out really long.
- Cover ropes lightly in toasted sesame seeds.
- Ball up the end of each rope to make a round head, then pinch hard around the “neck” (makes it look better).
- Place ropes on baking sheet in a serpentine fashion.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until light brown.
- Cut strips of sun-dried tomato and cut a little hole where the mouth would be and push it in to be a tongue.
- Do the same for the eyes with bits of crumbled bacon.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Serve bread sticks warm with marinara sauce or garlic butter (if desired).
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Vampires, Beware! We’re Baking with Garlic!
- Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Baked Roasted Garlic Burgers by Our Good Life
- Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges by Cook with Renu
- Garlic Breadstick Snakes by Palatable Pastime
- Garlic Cheesy Knots by Simply Inspired Meals
- Garlic Puffs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garlic Twists by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Kale and Garlic Ciabatta by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Garlic Milk Sauce Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Pampushky (Ukrainian Garlic Bread) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Twisted Garlic Cheese Bread by Sneha’s Recipe
You Might Also Like: