Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins are my recipe of the day with the blogging group Muffin Monday. We get together on the last Monday of each month to share our fav muffin recipes.
For August, I wanted to do a sweet potato muffin, as it exemplifies the flavors of early autumn with sweet potatoes, pecans and cinnamon.
These are fairly easy to do and are perfect as a pack-in for lunch or with coffee and tea at breakfast as well as in the afternoon as a pick-me-up.
I was happy with how moist these turned out to be. It goes well with the little bit of crunch on top from the streusel sprinkle. The little bit of extra sugar and pecans adds just the right touch.
- Banana Nut Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cherry Almond Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins from Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Lavender Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Small Batch Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced ‘Tree Pumpkin’ (Persimmon) Muffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
You Might Also Like:
Moist and delicious sweet potato cornbread makes great use of the abundance of sweet potatoes in autumn for a welcome fresh bread at dinner.
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes makes quick and easy work of getting a roasted potato to the table in time for supper.
Southern favorite using sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin in the classic pie.
Smooth and Creamy Sweet Potato Soup with Asian Flavors
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
- Baker's release spray
- muffin tin
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons cooled melted butter
- 3 tablespoons grade "B" maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients for muffin batter separately, then combine.
- Spray a 15 cavity muffin tin with bakers release spray and divide batter among cups.
- Mix together crumb topping and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the muffins test done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before turning out to cool completely on a wire rack.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!