Spanakopita Bites take all the flavors of the phyllo wrapped feta and spinach pastries and place them in a simple bite sized tart.
From Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Spanakopita Bites is my recipe of the day with the blogging groups Eat the World and Sunday Funday. For both groups we are sharing Greek recipes so I am doing a joint posting. Others are as well so you may see some overlap between the two groups.
Jump to Recipe~Print Recipe
As blogging friends you will find many of us participate in more than one group together. It’s what friends do!
It’s been mentioned that with Abba back together, it would be a great time to share Greek recipes. Abba is Swedish of course, but their music has been used in a couple of movies set in Greece (Mamma Mia I & II). I like the first movie better than the second and it is a favorite of mine.
I enjoy having spanakopita but it is a bit time consuming to do the prep of buttering the sheets, folding them and whatnot. There are versions that layer it in a pan, but I prefer something more handheld.
Using the phyllo shells to put the spinach and filling cheese into is really quite easy. And the end result is good and everyone loves them.
Eat the World
Check out all the wonderful Greek dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Click here to find out how to join and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us!
Palatable Pastime: Spanakopita Bites
Magical Ingredients: Spanakorizo
Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Greek Cabbage Roll Rice Bowls
A Day in the Life on the Farm: Makaronia me Yiaourti
Pandemonium Noshery: Aginares a la Polita – Greek Artichoke Stew
Sneha’s Recipe: Greek Hot Dogs
Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Skordalia
Sugarlovespices: Greek Spinach and Feta Pie with filo pastry (Spanakopita)
Kitchen Frau: Classic Moussaka
Looking for more Greek inspired recipes? Don’t miss these recipes!
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Greek Cabbage Roll Rice Bowls
- A Day in the Life on The Farm: Makaronia me Yiaourti
- Palatable Pastime: Spanakopita Bites
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: A Polarizing, Perplexing Greek Wine + Kouneli Stifado
- Sneha’s Recipe: Greek Hot Dogs
- Food Lust People Love: Golden Briami Tart
You Might Also Like:
Greek Baked Scallops Santorini
First, this Greek Baked Scallops Santorini is a traditional dish from Greece of baked scallops with tomatoes and feta cheese.
Next, this Greek Salad includes all the needed ingredients for a classic tossed salad with delicious herb dressing from scratch!
Then, Classic Moussaka combines beef and lamb with potatoes and eggplant with a spiced tomato sauce, Bechamel and kefalotyri cheese.
Greek Lemon Cauliflower Pilaf
Also, this low-carb alternative to rice pilaf, made with cauliflower instead, is the perfect Greek side dish.
Greek Omelette roll with Spinach
Finally, this Greek Omelette Roll with Spinach is a beautifully thin omelet filled with creamy spinach and feta cheese filling.
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1.9 ounce box Athens frozen phyllo shells (thawed) (15 count)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Saute the chopped baby spinach with the scallions, dill weed, salt and black pepper in olive oil until shrunk down in the pan.
- Stir in the lemon juice, feta, and two tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the filling in the phyllo shells on a small baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
These bites are the cutest! Lots of flavors in half the time of making spanakopita. Great idea for appetizer night!
I love the idea of an easier spanikopita with all the same flavors. The look and sound amazing.
Great idea to turn this tasty dish into little appetizer sized tarts. They’d be a hit at any party!
Well this recipe makes life much easier. Love spinach pie!!
Adorable appetizers, Sue, and such a great combo of flavors!
These look amazing! I love the idea of having as tarts! Simple awesome and delicious!
This Spanakopita bites look absolutely amazing. It is nice to find simpler ways to make this dish, it usually takes me a while.