Breakfast Tostado is a Mexican style morning handheld meal with bean, egg, cheese and spicy salsa for a south of the border flavor.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Jump to Recipe
Breakfast Tostado is my recipe of the day for the blogging event Brunch Week. Your favorite bloggers have been posting together each year the best in foodtastic breakfast recipes. We’ll be posting all week long, so stay tuned.
Having a tostado for breakfast is one of my favorites. I prefer it over the usual breakfast burrito. Maybe I just like having things that go crunch.
And this is easy enough to prepare since eggs cook very fast and the beans heat quickly in a microwave. The tostada shells can be warmed in a toaster oven or it can even be done on a griddle.
- Dad’s Dalgona Coffee from For the Love of Food
Appetizers and Salads
- Sweet Sausage Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Breads, Grains, and Cereals
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Biscuits from Jen Around the World
- Breakfast Tostado from Palatable Pastime
- Spring Onion and Asparagus Quiche from Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Lemonade Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
You Might Also Like:
Huevos Gratinados (Baked Eggs in Tortilla Cups)
Huevos Gratinados are crispy flour tortilla cups filled with crumbled chorizo sausage, eggs and melted cheesy goodness.
Frutas con Crema
Frutas con Crema (Mexican Fruit Salad) combines fresh fruits in a sweet cream sauce for a riff off the Bionico salad from Guadalajara.
Capirotada de Leche (Mexican Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding)
Capirotada de Leche is a type of Mexican bread pudding often made during Lent that includes caramel, almonds and raisins.
Wet Breakfast Burrito
Tex-Mex style breakfast burritos stuffed with sausage, peppers and potatoes, smothered with a a creamy chile gravy.
Huevos Rancheros are a Mexican favorite of eggs with a tomato-based sauce with chiles, served on fresh corn tortillas.
- 1 crispy corn tostada
- 1/4 cup warmed refried beans (canned)
- 1/4 cup beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/8 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 teaspoons Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons mild salsa
- 2 slices fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 cilantro leaf
- 1 medium tomato diced (optional side)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper optional side
- Warm tostada shell and beans.
- Scramble egg in butter with salt and black pepper in a small skillet.
- Arrange toppings on tostada shell.
- Serve warm.
Don’t Forget to Pin and Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!