Stealthy Healthy Burger (With Greek Yogurt Chipotle Sauce)
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Stealthy Healthy Burger (With Greek Yogurt Chipotle Sauce) is my recipe of the day.
The recipe itself is quick to put together and the sauce a quick whiz in the food processor. We may not think *healthy* when we think burgers, but the sauce is so much healthier than mayo, avocados are good for you, and if you like, you could probably make this with ground turkey.
I did use pickled jalapenos in mine, but I swear, I did have some banana peppers. But I think the dog ate them along with my homework. But hey! No worries!
I grill mine over a wood fire, because I am a stickler for smoke, and it’s easy enough to grill the bun at the end.
Quick lunch? You bet! And what better way to spend warm early summer weather than out on the patio with one of these stealth bombs ?
GREEK YOGURT CHIPOTLE SAUCE
Doesn’t that sauce look spicy and yummy?
You Might Also Like:
Smoky BBQ Cheddar Burger combines a grilled beef patty with smoked cheddar, smoky pulled pork in a homemade chipotle barbecue sauce and creamy coleslaw.
Jucy Lucy Burger is a tasty cheeseburger with the cheese hidden inside for a melted surprise that puts your everyday burger over the top.
Hawaiian teriyaki burgers grilled on the outdoor barbecue, complete with caramelized onion and grilled pineapple slices on a Hawaiian sandwich bun.
This mushroom Swiss burger has a secret twist- where are the mushrooms? Tucked inside with the moist juicy beef.
Taco burgers: everything you love about a taco, except on a burger bun.
Stealthy Healthy Burgers with Greek Yogurt Chipotle Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 avocado (peeled, sliced)
- 4 sweet pickled banana peppers (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns (white or whole wheat)
Greek Yogurt Chipotle Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Mix ingredients for burger and shape into patties.
- Cook or grill to desired doneness.
- Stir together yogurt sauce to use as condiment.
- Serve burgers on buns with sauce and other appropriate burger toppings.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!