Citrusy muffins chock full of bits of chocolate make a perfect autumn breakfast.
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Another month has gone by and it is time once again to share a recipe via #MuffinMonday. Since autumn is finally officially here, I wanted to do one that reminded me of the fall colors that in a couple of weeks will be all over the trees, if not already. So the golds and earthy browns came to mind, and I decided to bake that in the muffins as the flavors of orange and chocolate which go together amazingly well.
I hope you enjoy these along with a hot steaming cup of coffee or your favorite drink while perusing all the #MuffinMonday recipes below! Until tomorrow-
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 small muffins
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 5 ounces orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied orange peel
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 drops red food color (optional)
- 3 drops yellow food color (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Autumn colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Mix in the egg, orange extract, milk, and orange juice.
- Sift together the flour baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and candied orange peel.
- Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir together glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Sprinkle with autumn cookie decor if desired.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
Hosted by Karen of Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheese and Garlic Muffins from Making Miracles
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fall Harvest Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Purple Sweet Potato Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Spicy Chicken Salad Muffins from Food Lust People Love
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter Banana Road Trip Muffins
Can’t Find a Recipe? | Help
Recipe Index A-M | Recipe Index N-Z | Home
What cute muffins, Sue! They look perfect for any Fall-themed gathering.
Thanks for the recipe!
Citrusy muffins with those cute Autumn sprinkles…just to die for!
Tsk, tsk, now, Sue. No creaming of butter and sugar allowed in the muffin method! But I’ll forgive you this once because of the wonderful fall colors on these beauties! Let the cooler weather commence!
Orange and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations…. and sprinkles make everything better!