Cranberry Pancakes use up leftover Thanksgiving jellied cranberry sauce in these fruity breakfast flapjacks.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Jump to Recipe
Cranberry Pancakes is my recipe of the day with the blogging group From Our Dinner Table. We group weekly to post new recipes on a variety of common topics. This week we are sharing recipes using Thanksgiving leftovers.
Although it isn’t quite Thanksgiving here in bloggerland, I just happened to have some jellied cranberry sauce hanging around. After making other delicious cranberry recipes of course.
And I don’t like leftovers sitting around too long, so getting the leftover cranberry sauce out the door the day after Thanksgiving suits me fine.
I am not one to repeat the turkey plate with sauce much, as I repurpose the turkey into other things. You can see a few of those recipes below. These also freeze well, so you can get these cooked up and out of your way.
I served these with maple syrup. You might like a cranberry syrup. You can make that one part cranberry juice cocktail and two parts granulated sugar, heated on the stove until the sugar dissolves well and creates a syrup.
I like these with maple sausages too. If you do vegan, you can get good breakfast links that are plant based. But you know I eat meat, even though I eat meat or plant based. The pancakes themselves are not vegan, but they are vegetarian. You could use plant milk but watch the cranberry sauce and sugars which have hidden ingredients that are not vegan. Always check the label if it matters to you, right?
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
- Turkey and Potato Dumpling Soup from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Pancakes from Palatable Pastime
- Mashed Potato Souffle from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
You Might Also Like:
Turkey and Sausage Gumbo
Classic Cajun gumbo and rice made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat.
Cranberry Jalapeno Turkey Roll-Ups
Cranberry jalapeno turkey roll ups are an easy way to make a bite sized lunch with extra turkey and an easy to make cheese spread.
Turkey and Stuffing Quiche
Turkey and Stuffing Quiche combines the best of Thanksgiving leftovers as a crustless quiche perfect for breakfast or a light lunch.
Leftover Stuffing Meatloaf
Leftover Stuffing Meatloaf uses up extra turkey stuffing and cranberry sauce seamlessly in this beefy traditional supper.
Turkey and Dumpling Soup
This economical yet delicious soup utilizes leftover turkey stuffing to make perfect dumplings.
- 1 pancake griddle
- 3/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk if you prefer
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Mash cranberry sauce and melt in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
- Stir in the maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla and heavy cream.
- Then, when the cream has cooled the mixture, whisk in the eggs.
- Add the flour and salt, stirring just enough to mix.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Griddle by 1/4-cupfuls on a lightly oiled pan, turning when top bubbles and underside is golden, then cook a minute more.
- Serve hot with butter and your choice of syrup.
Don’t Forget to Pin & Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!
They look so fluffy! I never thought to try cranberries in pancakes. I’m totally trying these, though. Yum!