Fresh crunchy and deliciously different way to have corn in warm weather. Did you know balsamic vinegar helps reduce spikes in blood sugar levels?
This was simple and easy for me to put together with a few staples from the fridge and a couple of items from my local farmer’s market.
Summertime Fresh Corn Salad
- 2 fresh ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese (or feta cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Boil corn and carrots in salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain and cool in very cold water. It should be cooked a little, but still crunchy.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, trim the end of the ear of corn so it stands easily, and using your utility knife, cut the kernels off the sides of the ears of corn.
- Chop the carrots.
- Toss it all in a bowl with the other ingredients and mix well; chill before serving.
You might also like: