Indian style lamb curry made easily in the slow cooker or crockpot with vegetables and spicy sauce, served over steaming white rice.
Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day for today is for an Indian style curry made with lamb and vegetables in the slow cooker (or crockpot- however you like to call your appliance) that is served with rice. This type of curry is the Muslim style of north India if I am not mistaken, as the Hindus generally eat everything vegetarian.
But not having religious dietary restrictions myself, when I have Indian food for dinner, I like to serve several curries of various types in the American style- (being that of a meat dish, a vegetable dish, and either rice or bread, or both). So while this does have some veggies in it, I don’t consider it a complete meal.
What to Serve with Curry
Some of my favorite sides for this might be a spinach saag, or something like bhindi (okra) or Navratan korma (if I want something fairly rich).
You can make this as hot as you like by using either hot or mild curry powder and adjusting the cayenne pepper to your needs. I like mine hot so while I might cook this as is, which I don’t find particularly spicy, I might sprinkle on some extra cayenne pepper on my plate, or serve with some of those spicy green chillies (as you see on top of the rice)
From Our Dinner Table
It’s Sunday, and that means it’s time for another round of “From Our Dinner Table” which is a blogging group where friends post on a set theme. The theme is different each week for this group, and this week it is all about slow cooker recipes.
This group is still small being newly formed this year. But it is growing all the time so if you blog and are interested in joining us, inquire through the links.
You might notice I am in a number of groups besides this and can help bloggers find their way to those as well. You can use my contact form to inquire about any you see.
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock-Pot Spinach and Chicken Lasagna by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Dip Sliders (Slow Cooker & Instant Pot) by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches by Sweet Beginnings
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Pork Chops by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Pea Soup with Potatoes and Ham by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Swiss Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- 1 large onion, cut into slivers
- 1 pound boneless lamb cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Brown onion, lamb cubes, garlic, salt and pepper in oil in a skillet.
- Pour mixture into the crock of a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with hot rice.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com