Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
My recipe of the day is for Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread for Spring Sweets Week. I was lucky enough to get some rhubarb on my last trip to the farm market before I got holed up here at home.
Combined with some fresh blueberries and a little bit of spice and a crunchy sugar topping it turned out very nice. I’ll be enjoying it for a few days with my morning coffee.
We’ll keep the extra in the fridge to keep it fresher longer.
It’s Spring Sweets Week!
Welcome back to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway?
27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring!
So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes.
A Special Thank You
Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Millican Pecan is giving one winner a Tower of Treats!
Millican Pecan began when E.E. Risien, founded the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s at the junction of the San Saba and Colorado Rivers. He received much recognition for his experiments that altered the course of the pecan industry and helped to establish San Saba as the “Pecan Capital of the World.”
From this location, they developed many great pecan varieties, as well as a prosperous orchard that serves our customers well, even to this day. Today Millican Pecan is being run by the 5th generation, the one that launched the Millican Pecan website in 2002. Visit https://millicanpecan.com/ to learn more about pecans, find delicious recipes, and buy their amazing pecans and pecan products.
Prize #2: Door County Coffee is giving one winner 20 full-pots of coffee and a Door County Coffee mug. Full pots will consist of seasonal flavors, flavored coffee, and non-flavored coffee.
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee.
They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Prize #3: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a set of Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. This set contains one Chiffon Bundt Pan and one Vaulted Cathedral Bundt Pan perfect for decorative baking.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking in the kitchen, and plenty of baking videos.
Prize #4: Anolon is giving one winner an Anolon Advanced 5 piece Bakeware set. This nonstick bakeware set includes two 8 inch round cake pans, one 8 inch square cake pan, a 10 x 15 cookie pan, and a 9.25 x 14 cooling rack! It’s the perfect set for any baker.
Established in 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware and by 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware that would revolutionize the world of home cooking because the nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior that is made with a special blend of sapphire-reinforced nonstick that is triple coated. Visit https://anolon.com to see their selection of cookware, bakeware, tools, and to get amazing recipes.
Prize #5: Fresh April Sprinkles is giving one winner their choice of three 4 ounce bags of sprinkles! Winner can choose from favorites like the Birthday Party Blend, Cotton Candy Blend, Pink Lemonade Blend, and so many others!
Fresh April Sprinkles was founded in the summer of 2019 by Lynn April who runs the food blog Fresh April Flours. They produce small batch, hand blended sprinkles in a suburb outside of Philadelphia.
Our sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be custom blended just for you! Visit https://freshaprilsprinkles.com to see the collection of sprinkles available or to find recipes from Lynn!
Prize #6: Adams Extract is giving one winner an Adams baking pack with 4-6 items including their amazing 4oz Adams Best® Vanilla Flavor. This prize package is great for anyone who loves to bake!
John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, Texas. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.” “Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded.
The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more. To learn more about Adams Extract, to shop their products, or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com.
Prize #7: Deiss Kitchenware is giving one winner a kitchen utensil prize package! The winner will receive a digital thermometer, a grater, an apple slicer and corer set, and a 5 piece utensil set!
Deiss Kitchenware is a small, family driven company that believes it’s easy to cook with pleasure when you have the right tools. This company will bend over backwards to make you happy and the president of the company will even answer your letters!
They create easy to use, innovative, and reliable products for use in your kitchen. To learn more about the company and the products they sell visit https://deisskitchenware.de/.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Anolon Baking Pan from Our Sponsor
This bread I made in a baking pan that Anolon sent me. It has very nice silicone handles and is nonstick. You’ll see I lined with parchment but only to lift the bread out easily. The parts that touched the loaf from the pan didn’t stick at all.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime (You are Here!)
- Bunny Carrot Cakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cake Batter Milkshakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Carrot Cake Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Raspberry Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie by Shockingly Delicious
- Coffee Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by A Savory Feast
- Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Fairy Cakes by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread Bars by Frugal & Fit
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Blogghetti
- Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Raspberry Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mocha Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spring Toffee Crack by Jen Around the World
Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread
You Might Also Like:
Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread
Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread
- parchment paper,nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup finely diced fresh rhubarb
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill coarse sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Saute the rhubarb in butter until tender, then cool.
- Cut a strip of parchment to fit the loaf pan with enough for some to hang over the sides.
- Spray the bottom of the pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray to get the parchment to stay in place, then spray the parchment with additional spray.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and add the berries, tossing them to coat, then lift them out, shaking off the excess flour and holding the floured berries in a small bowl.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the flour and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar, milk, and vanilla, and stir in the butter and rhubarb.
- Add the flour mixture and stir to form a batter then fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan and top with the crystal sugars.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed without wet batter clinging to it.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes, then lift out using the parchment tabs and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Remove the parchment and slice with a serrated knife, storing unused portions in an airtight container.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge.
These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified.
By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.