Cider Brined Baked Chicken
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
This post is sponsored on behalf of #FallFlavors. Our generous sponsors Republic of Tea and Dixie Crystals have provided me complimentary products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Cider Brined Baked Chicken is my recipe of the day with #FallFlavors week
Cider Brined Baked Chicken
You Might Also Like:
Very basic recipe for a nice, juicy, flavorful bird.
Brined Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is an easy and juicy boneless roast breast for when a whole turkey is a bit much.
Bundt Pan Rotisserie Chicken is an easy method to prop up the bird to roast on all sides in the home oven using the standard Bundt pan.
Oven Barbecue Chicken is easily made in a kitchen oven with bone-in chicken pieces and a made from scratch bbq sauce.
Chicken and Stuffing Bake combines the best of both baked chicken and savory stuffing in a one pan oven baked meal.
Cider Brined Baked Chicken
Cider Brined Baked Chicken
- 4 pounds cut-up fryer chicken on the bone (one whole chicken)
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- salt and black pepper
- honey (amount to taste)
Apple Cider Brine:
- 8 Republic of Tea apple cider tea bags
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Heat 4 cups water to boiling then add the apple cider tea and remove from heat.
- Let steep ten minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Stir in the brown sugar, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Let cool to lukewarm.
- Add chicken pieces to brine and marinate chicken, completely submerged or in a ziplock bag with all air removed for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
- Rub chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons soft butter, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet and roast for 50 minutes, or until chicken has an internal temp of 170.
- Drizzle lightly with honey and bake 5-10 minutes more.
Welcome back to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors are Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea. They have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations. Of course, we will be sharing these this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway. So be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines. And a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking. So food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. The prize has an $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection. And packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. The prize has a $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves. And it makes this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz. ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. The prize has a $44 value.
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
As well, one winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. The prize has Minimum $25 value.
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
By the way, one winner will receive a selection of extracts. These include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla i 1897. Taylor & Colledge has had commitment for unsurpassed quality since that time. And has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Enter to Win Here:
Flavors of Fall Bloggers & Recipes
visit each day for new recipes!
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Follow all event recipes across social media using the hashtag #FallFlavors!
Prize Info & Disclaimer:
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. And the prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email. Or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.
The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
Entries will be verified. And no purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries.
Finally, Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!