Deliciously easy cranberry sauce! The bourbon takes some of the bite away from the berries leaving a smooth, sweet, flavorful sauce.
Sometimes I adore orange in my cranberry sauce and I used to make it that way all the time. But then I came to make my sauce like this, and like to keep the orange in a cranberry relish. It’s an idea for those who like to make more than one type of relish or sauce for their table, or like to have one at Thanksgiving, and serve another type at Christmas. You can make this several days ahead to save yourself some time on the “Turkey Countdown.”
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. aged Kentucky bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Stir together ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently (mixture will thicken).
- Chill before serving.
You Might also Like: