Detox Diet Soup
Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
January 1st has finally rolled around, and with it comes the New Year. And as with every new year, our thoughts turn back to renewal. Renewal of healthy eating plans, perhaps weight loss and improved exercise habits.
After a holiday season filled with rich sweet treats and perhaps more than one overindulgence, we might feel the need to purge our systems of all the sweet buttery treats and rich meals and go for some clean eating and a simple detox.
Vegetables are the perfect way to do this, as well as laying off the meats for awhile. This simple soup combines the goodness of low-calorie, body cleansing vegetables with layers of delicious flavors. Combined with a good amount of water everyday, and eating this soup as desired, you can combine an increased fluid intake with increased vegetables for a good healthy start to your new year.
Detox Diet Soup
Weight Watcher Smart Points (per serving) = 1
Brand of ingredients used may impact the nutritional information of this recipe resulting in a different SmartPoints value.
- 24 ounces chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped diced tomato with juice
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour, or until vegetables are as tender as you like.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
You might also like: