Easy shrimp appetizers with a sweet and spicy honey sriracha glaze is easy to prep ahead and grill or broil in three minutes.
Honey Sriracha Shrimp Skewers
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
My recipe of the day for today is honey sriracha shrimp skewers for Fish Friday Foodies blogging group, as my blogging friends and I share recipes for seafood that are suitable for entertaining.
I have to say right off the bat the thing I love about these the most is that you can marinate and put the shrimp on the skewers before a party, have them ready to go, then pop into the kitchen and put them under the broiler for a short three minutes and they are done.
Because one of the most annoying things that can happen with a party is not running out of food, burning the food, or even an unwelcome guest. To me it is being stuck in the kitchen getting things together while everyone else enjoys themselves.
A hostess should never have to feel like a hired caterer.
These are also nice in that the recipe will serve two people as a main for a dinner party, or 8-10 as a hot appetizer on a buffet. Combined with a few other appies, you have everything you need for nibbles.
The flavor is a nice sweet and spicy flavor that allows the delicate taste of the shrimp to shine through while bringing a little heat at the same time. Very much a flavorful seafood treat!
This month for Fish Friday I am hosting and selected recipes suitable for entertaining since it is the holiday party season. For my part, I will be sharing Honey Sriracha Shrimp Skewers. You can see the entire collection by clicking the blue frog just below.
“Seafood for Entertaining”
Hosted by Sue Lau
Be sure to check out the other Fish Friday Foodies Bloggers this month!
Click on the hop link button to be transported to the other recipes:
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at email@example.com. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
Honey Sriracha Shrimp Skewers
Yield: 2-3 main dish or 8-10 appetizer servings
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Prep & Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound (30-40 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 short wooden skewers, soaked in water one hour
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 fresh lemon (juice only)
- Peel and devein shrimp, place shrimp in marinade for half an hour.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Drain shrimp from marinade and place on soaked wooden skewers.
- Place shrimp skewers on a nonstick foil lined baking sheet (if broiling) and brush with glaze; if grilling, oil grate well and brush skewers with glaze.
- Broil or grill about three minutes total, turning once, brushing liberally with glaze.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com