Minestrone Casserole mixes up a baked noodle pasta with all the flavors of your favorite Italian soup for perfect home cooked comfort.
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
Minestrone Casserole is my recipe of the day with the blogging group Sunday Funday. We post each Sunday as a group. Each of us will share a recipe on a common topic. This week the recipes are all about zucchini.
I chose to make a vegetarian pasta casserole with all the flavors of minestrone, one of my favorite soups.
Besides the noodles, there are a ton of vegetables, tomatoes, a few beans and lots of cheese. If you feel so inclined, you could also add meat.
- Couscous with Spiced Zucchini from Cook with Renu
- Garlic Butter Sautéed Zucchini from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Marinated Tofu and Zucchini Soft Tacos from Food Lust People Love
- Minestrone Casserole from Palatable Pastime
- Moong and Zucchini Pancakes from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Zucchini Agrodolce from Pandemonium Noshery
- Zucchini Casserole from A Day in the Life on the Farm
You Might Also Like:
Zucchini Tots with Jalapeno, Cheddar and Bacon put some bite into your easy baked veggie tots appetizer or side dish.
Quick Sauteed Zucchini and Mushrooms is one way to cook up some of your summer garden bounty in minutes as a fast and simple side dish.
Cinnamon spiced walnut muffins made moist with fresh summer zucchini.
Sugar-Free Bread and Butter Zucchini Pickles are made with garden zukes that have old-fashioned flavor in your refrigerator.
Zucchini and Tomato Tian makes a simple gratin of layered summer garden vegetables topped with a savory golden crumb topping.
- 1 Oblong baking dish or lasagna pan
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 3 ounce portobello mushroom cap diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can red beans I used mixed color; beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions and drain.
- Saute the onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil with the salt, pepper and seasonings, until the vegetables soften. You can add a little more oil if needed, based on your type of pan.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Mix the sauce together with the cooked mac in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in half the cheese.
- Pour into a large baking dish or lasagna pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden.
Don’t Forget to Pin and Save the Recipe!
Join my recipe group on Facebook for more recipes from blogger friends around the world!