Cinnamon spiced walnut muffins made moist with fresh summer zucchini.
Zucchini Walnut Muffins
By Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime
It’s time for #MuffinMonday again! Today my thoughts are bending towards autumn. In a few weeks it will be here! And while we are still getting lots of zucchini from gardens and farm markets, as well, the new crop of walnuts will be coming in.
So what better way to utilize those delicious foods than in a crunchy and moist zuke muffin? It has been quite a while since I made zucchini bread of any type that this was a real pleasure. I’d almost forgotten how moist the squash makes them. And the walnuts have the perfect crunch! And I always like cinnamon, and that little bit of nutmeg adds a slightly buttery caramel flavor to it when combined with the other ingredients.
I did also think of topping these with a drizzle- perhaps one of sugar and apple cider with a pinch of cinnamon since the cider is already coming in. But you know, these muffins don’t really need anything else to help them out.
Join me tomorrow when I post my recipe for Honey Jalapeno Glazed Beer Brat kebabs using Smithfield sausages infused with beer. It’s a great way to get in one last grilling meal before the weather cools off, and everyone will surely love it for one of this weeks upcoming football games. I know I always say that, but with the Green Bay Packers, bratwurst is a food group all by itself.
Zucchini Walnut Muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cooled melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely shredded fresh zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Stir in the walnuts and zucchini.
- Spoon batter into 10-12 paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed without wet batter sticking to it.
- Cool muffins completely.
From the kitchen of palatablepastime.com
- Ackee and Saltfish Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Bacon Gruyere Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Butternut Squash Raisin Mini Muffins from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemony Olive Oil Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Swiss Almond Vanilla Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini Walnut Muffin from Palatable Pastime
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Zucchini recipes are always welcome.
We still are getting loads of zucchini here, and you can’t have too many delicious recipes! These sound so good!
Cinnamon always makes everything better and muffins are a perfect way for using up garden produce.