Adorable little meatballs sure to please any kid, old or young!
These are so much fun! You can make the meatballs up and serve them with your favorite sauce or type of pasta- it doesn’t really matter. And if you are serving children, sometimes the kind of sauce they like is a little less assertive than what adults tend to enjoy.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 quart marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- cooked spaghetti noodles or other cooked pasta
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- cooked wide rice noodles or extra wide egg noodles
- pimiento stuffed green olives
- Mix together ingredients for meatballs in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8 hole muffin tin.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide out meatball mix and drop into muffin pan.
- Bake meatballs, for 35 minutes or until inside reaches 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Drain meatballs on a cookie rack.
- Heat marinara sauce and cook spaghetti and rice noodles (separately) according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, keep spaghetti warm and cool rice noodles in cold water then drain.
- Slice meatballs in half horizontally to make two pieces, each with a flat surface.
- Pat rice noodles dry with paper toweling and layer over the top of the meatball, tucking sliced olives in for eyes.
- It is best to let the meatballs sit still for about 15 minutes so they become more tacky and hold together better.
- But since they will get cold, microwave them on a microwave-safe plate for a minute, then carefully place a mummy meatball onto a nest of sauced spaghetti and serve.
Makes 16 mummy meatballs.
You might also like: